Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be wrong, but I think Stakes is High off of… Stakes is High is the first J Dilla (then known as Jay Dee) produced song in surround…

and in a fun coincidence ”A Roller Skating Jam Named ‘Saturdays’” samples Chic’s Good Times… which also got an Atmos mix this week
I was wondering the same about Dilla! On a personal level I have to admit it’s a blast having that Dilla bass in a subwoofer setup, never invested in that until the recent Atmos streaming revolution. I can’t wait for more Dilla to reach the Atmos zone.

I was wondering the same about Dilla! On a personal level I have to admit it’s a blast having that Dilla bass in a subwoofer setup, never invested in that until the recent Atmos streaming revolution. I can’t wait for more Dilla to reach the Atmos zone.
I know the Dilla estate has been quite messy from reading the Dilla Time book. Would be amazing to hear a mix of Donuts. Such a killer record.

I know the Dilla estate has been quite messy from reading the Dilla Time book. Would be amazing to hear a mix of Donuts. Such a killer record.
Having also read that book… I wonder if there’s even sources good enough to make surround mixes from, especially the days where he was just using the MPC, before he switched to MPC + Computer. I have to assume if we get any more, it will be from the larger “big name label” tracks he did, like his work with A Tribe Called Quest

Having also read that book… I wonder if there’s even sources good enough to make surround mixes from, especially the days where he was just using the MPC, before he switched to MPC + Computer. I have to assume if we get any more, it will be from the larger “big name label” tracks he did, like his work with A Tribe Called Quest
Yes, please!

I did a quick check using the Wikipedia article at J Dilla production discography - Wikipedia - you’re right @PurpleMoustache Stakes Is High looks like the Dilla Atmos debut.

Immersive engineer according to Tidal is Steve Genewick. 😀
The previously released single for “Dreams” listed Jan “Stan” Kybert as immersive mix engineer while “Linger” was uncredited. This basically confirms that these 2 tracks are new Atmos mixes which is awesome.

The previously released single for “Dreams” listed Jan “Stan” Kybert as immersive mix engineer while “Linger” was uncredited. This basically confirms that these 2 tracks are new Atmos mixes which is awesome.
Sorry. I have made mistake here. Thought I checked credits for the album, but it turned out to be the first track... Double checked each track now. Genewick is credited for almost all of the tracks. 'Not sorry' and 'Linger' lacks credits, while 'Dreams' is Jan Stan Kybert. The rest is Genewick.

Sorry. I have made mistake here. Thought I checked credits for the album, but it turned out to be the first track... Double checked each track now. Genewick is credited for almost all of the tracks. 'Not sorry' and 'Linger' lacks credits, while 'Dreams' is Jan Stan Kybert. The rest is Genewick.
Had to have a listen even though my atmos room is ice cold tonight. Very nice and immersive throughout the whole album. Guessing the non credited tracks also are done by either Genewick or Kybert. Kybert of course also an experienced immersive engineer having done very nice mixes of e.g. Lorde. The sound is a little bass shy which is also how I remember the original stereo mix.But very nice hear Dolores O'Riordan's voice again. She really had something special.

If you added Elton John - Diamonds when it first came out (red cover art) you will notice that all the tracks your library are "No Longer Available". The later released blue cover art version (which just added the Christmas song at the end) is still available and you'll need to add that to your library.

I know there was a bit of discussion about Atmos albums being removed after time and I said my Rush-Signals was still available while others said there's was not.
My account is Apple 4K, I have a Prime membership, I am in USA. I re-checked this morning and the Atmos -Signals all tracks still in Atmos except Track 2 which is in stereo.
I access this by going into my Library>Artists>Rush.
I hope this helps.
If you have a deleted Atmos album, I can check on others if you would like?

Back