Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there was a bit of discussion about Atmos albums being removed after time and I said my Rush-Signals was still available while others said there's was not.
My account is Apple 4K, I have a Prime membership, I am in USA. I re-checked this morning and the Atmos -Signals all tracks still in Atmos except Track 2 which is in stereo.
I access this by going into my Library>Artists>Rush.
I hope this helps.
If you have a deleted Atmos album, I can check on others if you would like?

I'm no expert, but Apple 4K refers to your hardware device, not the account type. For U.S. users, at least, anyone with any type of Apple Music subscription plan, other than the low-end "Voice" plan, should have access to the entire catalog of music, including Spatial Audio titles (and I'm not sure what you mean by Prime membership, that's an Amazon term, unless you're referring to Apple One, which is a bundle of multiple services).

This is why it's so mystifying that some U.S. users have Signals in Atmos, while others (including me, I just checked again for the third time, including deleting and re-adding it to my library) have only stereo, even though we had Atmos previously. Often there are differences between availability in different countries, presumably due to licensing issues, but I don't recall hearing about this scenario of different experiences within the U.S. before, other than very temporary ones probably due to caching, or people having old versions already in their library from old iTunes download purchases.

Maybe it's some kind of gradual rollout, and I'll get Atmos back soon for Signals? Or it will just suddenly reappear for seemingly everyone, as the two Zappa albums did? Any other theories, anyone?

If you added Elton John - Diamonds when it first came out (red cover art) you will notice that all the tracks your library are "No Longer Available". The later released blue cover art version (which just added the Christmas song at the end) is still available and you'll need to add that to your library.

Very strange. I deleted the red cover and imported the blue. Still show most of the songs I had added previously as unavailable when I try to play them. However, I added a couple of new ones and those seem to play fine.

Very strange. I deleted the red cover and imported the blue. Still show most of the songs I had added previously as unavailable when I try to play them. However, I added a couple of new ones and those seem to play fine.
Same happened to me. I re-deleted the album then added it again, and all songs were there.

Same happened to me. I re-deleted the album then added it again, and all songs were there.
Just tried again and it still didn’t work. The ones that are unavailable are still showing the red cover although I imported them from the blue one. All the ones that will play show the blue cover. I’ll check again tomorrow. Sometimes these things miraculously resolve themselves.

I'm no expert, but Apple 4K refers to your hardware device, not the account type. For U.S. users, at least, anyone with any type of Apple Music subscription plan, other than the low-end "Voice" plan, should have access to the entire catalog of music, including Spatial Audio titles (and I'm not sure what you mean by Prime membership, that's an Amazon term, unless you're referring to Apple One, which is a bundle of multiple services).

This is why it's so mystifying that some U.S. users have Signals in Atmos, while others (including me, I just checked again for the third time, including deleting and re-adding it to my library) have only stereo, even though we had Atmos previously. Often there are differences between availability in different countries, presumably due to licensing issues, but I don't recall hearing about this scenario of different experiences within the U.S. before, other than very temporary ones probably due to caching, or people having old versions already in their library from old iTunes download purchases.

Maybe it's some kind of gradual rollout, and I'll get Atmos back soon for Signals? Or it will just suddenly reappear for seemingly everyone, as the two Zappa albums did? Any other theories, anyone?
Just seeing this and haven’t read all of the posts on the issue, but could there be two (or more) different versions of Signals on Apple? It’s happened before with many releases...

That
Just seeing this and haven’t read all of the posts on the issue, but could there be two (or more) different versions of Signals on Apple? It’s happened before with many releases...
That's what I've been looking for. My Signals is stereo, but the same thing (but on the other foot) happened to my listening to the Tan Dan Five Souls EP. I was told it was now fully Atmos'd but when I went back to listen I still only had two songs highlighted. I went to the artist page, looked for albums, found it and pulled it in...voila full Atmos. I deleted mine. Weird.

Was this ever available in surround before?

This release has been discussed A LOT on this thread. Do a search. Like me, most feel that the earlier (first album and Avalon) versions of these songs are much better, but that's only a small part of their catalog. So....enjoy what we have. It's all we have.

Is anyone keeping a database of available releases somewhere (like is being done yearly for physical releases)? Or is that something worth creating?

Is anyone keeping a database of available releases somewhere (like is being done yearly for physical releases)? Or is that something worth creating?

The closest thing right now is probably Spatial Audio Finder by Ben Dodson

A searchable database or App to track what in your Apple Music Library is in Spatial Audio.

I know there is another project in the works to support reviews and such but not sure where progress is on that.

@HomerJAU has that on his docket--a number of folks have pledged support--but it's in the development stages. Music Media Helper has got to be a full-time job! (In addition to his day job...?)

Royksopp (w/ Rodriguez Jr.) and Róisín (ex-Moloko). Singles.
Now I know there is an Atmos God!!

I've been following Royksopp for the past 21 years and I hoped and prayed that they would embrace Dolby Atmos..

Well, thay have now and these are fantastic.

I first heard them via a TV advert for T-mobile in 2002 with the song 'So Easy'
Cheers Haiky....you've made my day. :LB

Back