Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@mkt, thanks for these (I had some already, like Stile Antico)...and yes, I also enjoy a good capture of the hall (my boss, Jared Sacks, does a very good job of this in 5.0 :) ) but most Atmos mixes of traditional hall recordings seem to simply add reverb in the heights, further confusing (and lessening) the hall impact. Or exhibit upmix-type effects..but those intended for immersive (or with the right mixer and the multitrack sources) are very nice. I'm simply trying to find more good ones. :)

2L and TRPTK are two of our partner labels where we've offered both Atmos and Auro-3D (if available) downloads. I have their catalogs. They are no-brainers, yes. That's why I referred to Morten and his label when I asked the questions....thx

Question:
I have an Apple4K (USA) account.
I see on this thread and others where an Atmos release is deleted.
This not my experience.
When I go to my screen, I have RECENTLY ADDED, which they do get removed from there as I add new titles.
But when I go to the side bar under ARTISTS, the so called title that others say has been deleted, is still in my library ARTISTS section.
Is it because I have an account or are others missing something?

From my experience: albums and tracks don't disappear from your library just because the Atmos mix has been revoked from them. They may even still be labelled as Atmos when you open one from your library. But when you play one of these, it will just be in stereo, and after you've done that, the Atmos label will be gone.

For example, Rush - Signals: when you play that album from your Apple Music library, does it still play in Atmos?

From my experience: albums and tracks don't disappear from your library just because the Atmos mix has been revoked from them. They may even still be labelled as Atmos when you open one from your library. But when you play one of these, it will just be in stereo, and after you've done that, the Atmos label will be gone.

For example, Rush - Signals: when you play that album from your Apple Music library, does it still play in Atmos?
Yes, I played Signals this morning and played in Atmos.

So weird, it’s still stereo for me. I figured it would reappear in Atmos when the box set is released in April.

So weird, it’s still stereo for me. I figured it would reappear in Atmos when the box set is released in April.
Still stereo for me too, I just tried it. Is anyone else in the U.S. hearing Signals in Atmos now?

I did discover that Zappa's Waka/Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo are both back in Atmos for me, after having reverted to stereo-only at one point. I think someone posted here about that earlier, but I thought it was from outside the U.S.

Last edited:
Still stereo for me too, I just tried it. Is anyone else in the U.S. hearing Signals in Atmos now?

I did discover that Zappa's Waka/Jawaka and The Grand Wazoo are both back in Atmos for me, after having reverted to stereo-only at one point. I think someone posted here about that earlier, but I thought it was from outside the U.S.
Yes, Signals is still in Atmos for me. The page for it doesn’t say Atmos, just Lossless, but I checked all the songs and they’re Atmos.

I’m so happy that De La Soul finally have all their records up for streaming. Feels very bittersweet though.
I feel the same, lots of joy yesterday going through them but such sad circumstances. I’m booked for their Albert Hall concert in April, not sure if it will happen but I hope so. Here’s a brilliant thread, recommend reading while playing 3 Feet High

Back