Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me or is the last Apple tv 4k update made the handshake issue even worst than before?
It now takes my Apple device 3-4 seconds for a track to start playing.
In my case, not only it takes time to start a track, but sometimes it does not start at all, and keeps hanging. I have to press stop, navigate to main menu, or other king of "reseting", try later and cross the fingers.

Digging the title track two-minute solo bass intro by Ruben Rogers.

The Blue Note hype:
Drummer and composer Kendrick Scott presents Corridors, a striking new album that finds the Houston-born drummer and composer paring down to a trio featuring saxophonist Walter Smith III and bassist Reuben Rogers.

The anticipated follow-up to A Wall Becomes A Bridge, Scott’s much-lauded 2019 release with his band Oracle, Corridors features eight original compositions and one new arrangement of a beloved tune from the Bobby Hutcherson canon.

Although I work with classical titles all the time (NativeDSD) I am, from a listening perspective, a classical newbie. That being said, I have always liked the more adventurous multichannel mixes (Tacet is one end of that spectrum) and now, with immersive audio, I am drawn to the same...that is, either immersively recorded classical-oriented (Morten's 2L label in Atmos or Auro-3D, for example) or creatively mixed to use all the channels.

That being said, what are the more adventurous or well mixed classical releases on Apple Music Atmos? I guess I'm smitten with what Steve Wilson did on GD's Europe '72 and liking being more in the middle (or at least first few rows), or those ethereal mixes heard most often in what the Electronic music genre has done with immersive..

Question:
I have an Apple4K (USA) account.
I see on this thread and others where an Atmos release is deleted.
This not my experience.
When I go to my screen, I have RECENTLY ADDED, which they do get removed from there as I add new titles.
But when I go to the side bar under ARTISTS, the so called title that others say has been deleted, is still in my library ARTISTS section.
Is it because I have an account or are others missing something?

Although I work with classical titles all the time (NativeDSD) I am, from a listening perspective, a classical newbie. That being said, I have always liked the more adventurous multichannel mixes (Tacet is one end of that spectrum) and now, with immersive audio, I am drawn to the same...that is, either immersively recorded classical-oriented (Morten's 2L label in Atmos or Auro-3D, for example) or creatively mixed to use all the channels.

That being said, what are the more adventurous or well mixed classical releases on Apple Music Atmos? I guess I'm smitten with what Steve Wilson did on GD's Europe '72 and liking being more in the middle (or at least first few rows), or those ethereal mixes heard most often in what the Electronic music genre has done with immersive..
Off the top of my head, I would single out Nathaniel Reichman's Atmos mixes on a variety of John Luther Adams pieces--and on Caroline Shaw & So Percussion's Let the Soil Play Its Simple Part. I remember the mix on the Attacca Quartet's Of All Joys as being quite good, and the Malva Quartet's Wooden Bodies. Also Mats Bergström's EP of Steve Reich's Electric Counterpoint. Both LSO Live and Decca/DG have had some surprises, even though their early Atmos releases were relatively tame. I really like an LSO album called Nazareno, and their recent album of early Stravinsky ballets was also good.

I think these put you more in the middle than some. (I enjoy a good "realistic" mix that puts you in the hall too).
A number of 2L recordings are on Apple Music in Atmos too, also trptk.

Back