Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple Music screen navigation on the Apple TV 4K leaves a lot to be desired. It's not intuitive. Instead of going "back", try going "down" and select "Go to Album" (I think that is what it says, from what I recall).
IIRC they changed how that works a few updates ago, I believe it used to be the “go back” press. This new way definitely seems less intuitive now IMO. I guess they had their reasons 🤷‍♂️

IIRC they changed how that works a few updates ago, I believe it used to be the “go back” press. This new way definitely seems less intuitive now IMO. I guess they had their reasons 🤷‍♂️
Absolutely. Their reasons are to make it less intuitive. I'm sure of that. lol

Last edited:
One day I will get time to listen to all these new and not so new releases via Apple.

What a position to be in ....soooo much surround music, that I can't keep up!!

Wouldn't have believed this a few years back ....HAPPPY DAYS 😍
you're so so right, it is totally unbelievable how far we've come since the dreadful drought of 10-15 years ago!! 🤩💘

amongst us QQ-ers we're finding cool new tracks and albums and reporting findings here pretty much on a daily basis now!! 🤯🙌

tbh i'd like to make comments and recommendations of tracks and mix quality and so forth whenever i dump a load of links here but there's just so much new stuff coming all the time it's impossible! 😅🤷🏻‍♀️

fwiw though, i do play through absolutely everything i link to in Atmos to see how a mix pans out, mostly on AirPods initially when out and about/at work etc and whenever i can on Speakers (in 7.1 on Apple TV or 7.2.4 when the Computer's playing ball!) and make sure there's no glaring issues or glitches 🤞

so the only theoretical barrier to enjoyment would be the music itself i guess and as there is such a massive variety of genres and styles now in streaming Atmos form, there's bound to be something for everyone sometimen! 🌈✌️🤩

One day I will get time to listen to all these new and not so new releases via Apple.

What a position to be in ....soooo much surround music, that I can't keep up!!

Wouldn't have believed this a few years back ....HAPPPY DAYS 😍
ps. Thank You for starting this all off in November 2021! 🙏💘

in just that short while (in the scheme of things) we're now 577 pages in..!! 🤯😳🙌😍

ps. Thank You for starting this all off in November 2021! 🙏💘

in just that short while (in the scheme of things) we're now 577 pages in..!! 🤯😳🙌😍
Cheers Adam 🤩
And now Dolby Atmos is the must have for so many artists to release their music in, whether it be via streaming or physical releases.
For me it's a dream come true.
I just looooove the 360⁰ of music that the best Atmos mix can give.
Perhaps Nirvana has been reached!! 😁

Speaking of Apple Music, does anyone know how to change the display mode from this:
View attachment 107569
On the screen you are calling mosiac view, push the enter button to display the progress bar. Then push the down button. You should see a symbol that looks like this:
Screenshot 2024-07-15 124911.jpg
. Highlight that and push enter. It should then show lyrics.

Listening now in ATMOS The Flaming Lips, Yoshimi------
Real good, I mean great.
I like the album cover art moving, monster, shadow, sky above, person, smoke, 25.
Personally, I don't like the animations (especially when the album covers are breathing) and I wish there was a way to turn them off. I like to see the lyrics, but the animations give me a headache. I have to turn my TV screen off.

Back