Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interview with the director on NPR's Weekend Edition Saturday:
https://www.npr.org/2024/07/20/nx-s...d-david-bowie-and-u2-stars-in-new-documentary

Eno playlist by Lindsay Zoladz of the Times (gift version). I think a little less than half the choices are in Atmos on the Apple Music version of the playlist:
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/19/arts/music/amplifier-newsletter-brian-eno-productions.html

Last edited:
This is a corker Adam and Haiku
She knows how to exercise her tonsils....
woahhh yesss indeeed!! 🥳💝 stunning!! 💘

if the label's got any sense they should sub it out to SDE for a Surround Series release,
slap a Limited Edition of 3,000 units on it and watch it sell out to us Quad nutters who know a great album with a great mix when we hear one! ✌️🤣

woahhh yesss indeeed!! 🥳💝 stunning!! 💘

if the label's got any sense they should sub it out to SDE for a Surround Series release,
slap a Limited Edition of 3,000 units on it and watch it sell out to us Quad nutters who know a great album with a great mix when we hear one! ✌️🤣
I was just thinking the same, if this got a physical release I would buy it in a heart beat.
Took my brother to see her, Sister Sledge and The Fatback Band last month at a concert in Blenheim Palace.
All the three acts were fantastic. Chaka was the star.

I'm halfway through Glass Houses now. I was expecting this one to be a major letdown given that Brad Leigh has typically been very conservative on songs that prominently feature Billy's touring band, which this whole album does. And while there are plenty of places where I think Leigh missed some obvious opportunities, he's getting a bit more aggressive here than he has been in the past. The call and response vocals in "It's Still Rock 'n' Roll to Me" jump back and forth from front to rear. More shockingly, the piano solo on "Don't Ask Me Why" jumps to the rear. "I Don't Want to Be Alone Anymore" is a strange one; on the verses the rears are almost non-existent but become significantly more active during the chorus. (Keep in mind I'm listening downmixed to 5.1).

Nice. This was my first Billy Joel album. Owned it on cassette. Maybe around 14 or 15 years old. I don’t think I’ve listened to the album since then.

Back