Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to circle back to this one. I've never listened to this album/band before. All I can say is Steven Wilson kills it again on this mix. It's very dynamic and engaging. I like discovering new music I've never heard of. What are peeps thoughts on this who are familiar with it?
I bought this album back when it came out about forty years ago and I have to say it is an absolute pleasure to hear it in Steven Wilson's atmos mix! It is definitely a different mix compared to the original. The sound of each instrument/voice is improved, but always in a meaningfull way. Steven Wilson has nailed it once more! Back in the 80s I thought the album was a bit of a mixed bag. A lot of great songs of course, but also some that was easily forgettable. It stroke me last night when listening that due to the great mix I now enjoy these tracks much more. :) It is so great being able to listen to a new and superb mix of an old album you really like. Thanks to all who made it possible!

OK Freddie, after this massive set of music you have here today, anything stand out to you as exceptionally mixed in Atmos?
hi Mister P. 🤗 💘

my personal Surround-y highlights so far incl.;

Paloma Faith "A Perfect Contradiction",
TSHA "Sad Girl",
Rachel Platten (needs turning up..),
Pharrell Williams,
"Situation" A Little Sound & Sugababes,
Halle "Because I Love You",
Kehlani "While We Wait 2",
Orla Gartland "Everybody Needs A Hero",
FLO "Access All Areas",
La Femme "Rock Machine",