Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an eclectic mish mash of some more of my current favourites for you all to try out 💘✌️

a nice mix of the 2019 album "Case Study 01" from Canadian R&B Artist Daniel Caesar

Trombonist Ryan Keberle's wonderful new Jazz album "Music Is Connection"

"Gangbusters Melody Club", the latest album from Electro-Swing Parisian Dance group Caravan Palace

Sigala & Rita Ora banger from 2021 with a very active mix

and Tune-Yards remix of their 2022 single with Kansas City Indie Rockers The Greeting Committee "How Long?" 🌈🍾😍

(fwiw the whole 2021 Greeting Committee album "Dandelion" is also in Atmos as well if you fancy checking that out, i'm just loving this later remix right now! plus there's more Daniel Caesar in Atmos from 2022, '23 and a Bob Marley track from this year also worth trying out as well ✌️ )

Last edited:
another mish mash of Atmos delights i've been lapping up lately, including Pop Welsh wizard Jamie Miller's latest album "Long Way Home" (stunning mix on this one), the latest single & EP from Swedish singer/songwriter Johanna Ekmark (aka Winona Oak), a new track from the forthcoming album by experimental Popster Noah Lennox (aka "Panda Bear") and the new album from New York multi-instrumentalist singer/songwriter Camylio

one final set of selections for now, some gentle Jazzy R&B from 2022 by Miiesha, Electronica hilarity from Jamaican Diplo outfit Major Lazer, Australian Singer/Songwriter Dean Lewis' new album, Clean Bandit's 2022 Collab with Elley Duhé and to wrap up, the remix with Yung Pinch & MOD SUN of Country singer Caldwell's "Flyin' Pass" replete with nicely Quaddy round the room pans 😻🙌🤩🤠💘

there are more tracks by these artists in Atmos which i will probably post about later on but for now i hope you all have a groovy weekend in Atmos ❤️🫶😻✌️

An unfortunate trick as Halloween approaches: the great surround mix of Maniac by Michael Sembello disappeared from Apple Music somewhere along the way.

i've been enjoying the new LP "Paradise" from German DJ and Producer Purple Disco Machine the last couple of weeks and now the Deluxe Edition of their 2022 album "Exotica" has also been mixed to stunning effect in Atmos ✌️😻✌️

He has great mixes on SiriusXM Studio 54 and Apple music too. These albums are great!!

Last edited:
was letting the machine shuffle thru my 'Atmos Demo' library today and was reminded how much I liked this one.

Mon Laferte (Norma Monserrat Bustamante Laferte)
- Chilean born Mexican Pop artist; has a spooky kind of Chris Isaak sound to it with an interesting mix. Was nominated in 2023 in the
"Grammy Award for Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album " category.

*Also lots of 'Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - Greatest Hits' showed up, but for some reason wasn't in Atmos, maybe I have to re-install into my library :unsure:

EYOLF DALE
The Space Between Two Notes

"Crossover Jazz," Piano Jazz Trio with the Norwegian Radio Orchestra

Recorded live in concert by Terje Hellem and Øystein Halvorsen at NRK Store Studio 2nd of June 2023
Mixed by August Wanngren at Virkeligheden, Copenhagen 5th-10th of April 2024
Mastered by Sofia von Hage and Thomas Eberger at Stockholm Mastering, 15th of April 2024

The Space Between Two Notes explores a mesmerising blend of jazz and classical music, harmoniously integrating the intimate dynamics of a trio with the grandeur of an orchestra. The album is an exploration of musical intervals—the nuanced spaces between notes—which shape the auditory landscapes of Dale’s compositions. This approach sets it apart from traditional jazz tropes, which often emphasize vertical structures, like chords and melodies. Dale, however, crafts his music horizontally, focusing on the relationships and distances between sounds.

Thanks for the tip! Cool record. The recording engineers are two former collegues of mine. :) These guys have tons of experience in recording almost any genre since the 80s. Very pleased to have one of their recordings in atmos! The Norwegian Radio Orchestra ('Kringkastingsorkesteret' in Norwegian) has been around for almost 80 years. It has developed a lot since the start and is very active within the Norwegian music scene. It too is known for streching over a wide range of genres. The orchestra have played with a lot of Norwegian artists and bands within pop, rock, jazz and black metal to name a few generes in addtion to orchestral. Store Studio (translates to 'the large studio') is the biggest radio studio belonging to the Norwegian Broadcast Corporation (NRK). It has been in use since 1950. It is quite a remarkable building with it's special shape and copper roof. Inside it has been improved over the years and e.g. updated with acoustical panels that can be adjusted to alter the reverberation. The NRK plans to move to another location within a few years. Luckily this building is protected under the Cultural Heritage Act and will hopefully survive as a venue and recording studio for the future to come.

Photos of the building:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...try=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI0MTAxNi4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw==

And the orchestra:
https://www.visitoslo.com/en/product/?TLp=1332350&NRK-Store-studio=

Back