Listening to in Dolby Atmos Streaming, via Tidal/Apple/Amazon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now here's a funny one 🤔

so far i can't find any info on this artist that i have compiled a Playlist of 17 individual tracks from the last few years by which are in active Atmos.

do you guys know anything about this Garrett Hankins fellow at all? 👀🤷🏻‍♀️

more Surround-y Dance-y fodder in the form of East London Producer & Songwriter DJ LYAN's "Thank You Come Again" album, with some breathtaking use of Atmos 🤯🤩😜 if you only try one of my selections from this weekend, give this a go, your system will thank you for it! 😅🤣

new EP "Whiplash - The 5th Mini Album" from techno-utopian Korean girl group aespa with a mesmerising use of Atmos and most of the lyrics are sung in English! 😅🫶

and 3 Singles from 2022-2024 from funky Punky UK Popster Cody Frost

i don't know how many of you guys and girls here remember the fabulous (and sadly now long out of print) Surround SACD of "Moffou" by Mali-born Albino wonder Salif Keïta?

even though the artist himself retired from making music in 2018 from Decca France comes this new remix mish mash of Salif Keïta's "Yamore" which was originally released in a different form on the "Moffou" SACD.

edit: here's another Atmos track of Salif Keïta's "Kabe" which had already been posted about at QQ previously but i reckon deserves another airing ✌️😻

Last edited:
a few feelgood for the weekend Dance-y Bangers from over the years from Soho Duo Yeah Boy & Dan Dare aka KOLIDESCOPES plus their new track "U&I" with Louise LaBelle all in Atmosurround 🌈✌️😍

now i never judge a book, or album, by it's cover 😉 which is just as well as it turns out there's a Knockout mix on this Dance track, "Does It Even" from West London's Liv Dawson (another one tipped for the top by EJ the DJ on Elton's Apple Music Rocket Hour show! 🚀🤩 )

..and 3 minutes of Indie Pop with another great mix, "Not In Love", courtesy of Deb Never 😋

2 nice singles from Manchester Singer-Songwriter JP Cooper, one stripped back track with a more intimate mix and the mix on the other song starts off exclusively in the Rears which gives a great effect 🙌

Lady Gaga's brand new single "Disease" is in Atmos (some are heralding it as a return to form, i'm still processing how i feel about it tbh 🤔 but it's a decent mix that makes solid use of Surround including the Heights )

12 track deluxe edition of their 2022 album "Heartbeat Changes" and a cute set of singles with nice mixes including the new one from Warwickshire (UK) Singer-Songwriter James TW who got a major label record deal after Shawn Mendes saw James' songs he'd posted online 🤩🫶

resetting the controls back to Boogie for a mo, 2021 single from Adekunle Gold & Davido "High", latest single "Chance On Me" by Dato Seiko & Easy Freak, "Till's Theme" the B-side to the 2021 "Matter" single by Luke Alessi and 2 snappy singles from 2021 and 2022 by Irish Singer-Songwriter JC Stewart

my last little lot for today (there's 100's more tracks i'm just conscious of not cluttering up the board so cherry-picking stuff 🍒😋 😅 )

a Height-Popping banger from Australian Ylona Garcia ✌️🥳

Brit songstress Mimi Webb's Summer Single's still got me doin' da boogieloo 🌈⚡💘

radiant Indie Pop EP from a couple of years back from NY & London-based Singer-Songwriter Emie Nathan

Beck To Pony (again 😅 ) with their Single "Frei" from this Summer 💓

and to wrap up, more Electronica from Elephante from earlier in the year 🙌😻

i don't know how many of you guys and girls here remember the fabulous (and sadly now long out of print) Surround SACD of "Moffou" by Mali-born Albino wonder Salif Keïta?

even though the artist himself retired from making music in 2018 from Decca France comes this new remix mish mash of Salif Keïta's "Yamore" which was originally released in a different form on the "Moffou" SACD.

edit: here's another Atmos track of Salif Keïta's "Kabe" which had already been posted about at QQ previously but i reckon deserves another airing ✌️😻

Fabulous that you found these--I wonder if there are more? (Actually, the only versions of the two singles that show up for me in Atmos are the ones on Salif Keita Remixed, below. Edit: wait; here's the "Yamore" single on its own.) Common thread seems to be Haitian-born "Afro-House" deejay & producer Francis Mercier.)

Moffou is indeed an excellent album; Jean Lamoot, the original mixing engineer, grew up partly in Mali and worked extensively with Keita and other West African artists, so he really gets the music. There's so much classic west/central/east African pop music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s--from Mali, Senegal, Zaire/Congo, Nigeria, Kenya & Tanzania, Madagascar, etc., etc.--that could sound amazing in 5.1 and/or Atmos.

Last edited:
Back