Listening to Now In SACD Stereo (or Mono)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This SACD was the last recording to arrive at my hose in 2023.
Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, 1963. SHM SACD Japanese from the Acoustic Sounds Series 11/19/2023, from Amazon.
DSD64-DSF file. DR's are 12, 13's, 14 , 15's.
According to Discogs there are 20 Jazz release's in ACOUSTIC SOUND SERIES
View attachment 99866
Anyone contemplating ordering UMG's Acoustic Sound series of OSCAR PETERSON'S WE GET REQUESTS should note that Acoustic Sound's SACD version is 3 channel [stereo] from the original 3 track masters as opposed to UMG's Stereo [only] SHM~SACD .... BTW, it does sound incredible in three channel!

The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests

https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/...-We_Get_Requests-Hybrid_3-Channel_Stereo_SACD

Jeff Beck TRUTH [EPIC Records/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] WOW, having owned this treasure on multiple formats including the Audio Fidelity Stereo SACD remaster, this is by far THE BEST it has EVER sounded.

And Ain't that the TRUTH!

R.52dffd09c2741a29cbe78f1a228984df
Hard to believe it’s already a year since the world lost him

Gone, Rang, but NEVER FORGOTTEN. He was a bona fide guitar god and glad I got to see him a few years ago at our local Capitol Theater! Brilliant, as ALWAYS!

Renowned Guitarist Jeff Beck Dies At 78
And its one of those regrets, at least I've the music. I wish I'd got to see him, my brother and I had tickets, but it was Ed Sheeran's fault we didn't! The motorway massive snarl ups for the Ed Sheeran gig stopped us getting there :(

Simon and Garfunkel PARSLEY, SAGE, ROSEMARY & THYME [Columbia Records/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] Played this stunning SACD remaster in the wee small hours in my DSP SUPER mode and was transported to the center seat of the actual recording session as instruments/vocals literally swirled all around me.

I have never heard such discrete immersion from this classic album previously. A transfixing experience....to say the least! Kudos to producer/engineer Roy Halee's recording prowess!

Simon And Garfunkel - Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Thyme (1966/2018 ...

Last edited:
Procul Harum A SALTY DOG [A&M Records/MoFi Stereo SACD remaster] Another brilliant listening session in the DSP SUPER mode of my pre/pro! Have heard this album in many formats for years but MoFi has managed to extract every morsel of sonic bliss from the original A&M Stereo masters. Yet another wholly immersive discrete surround extravaganza!

Procol Harum - A Salty Dog (2017, Vinyl) | Discogs

wow. I thought the original was superbly mastered.......hearing subtleties that Ive never heard. Silky detail. Highly recommended

View attachment 100112
Wow! I just realized I don't have that one (on the pc). Hoping it just missed getting ripped.
Knopfler in the 70's and 80's was like my Grand Funk of the 60's.

I just finished listening to some more Jazz releases that I picked up a couple of weeks ago, they are all really good.
They come from the Japanese SHM SACD Stereo series called Acoustic Sounds SACD Series.
In case you are interested there is a new batch being released February 28.
Here is the link and you will see the previous ones and the upcoming ones.
CDJapan Acoustic Sounds Series.

I agree with @cbmmm3
This new MOFI is absolutely superb, I think one of the best MOFI's I have ever heard. It's just so there, all of it. I really notice the clean snap of all the recordings/tracks.
Side note: This disc I pre ordered from the MOFI website on March 27th, 2023. It is the last pre order from MOFI that I will ever do. I used to think pre orders where good to assure that I would get the disc and to assure a low number. Neither is true. Do not pre order from MOFI, it is not necessary at all.
Dire Straits-On Every Street- MOFI Hybrid SACD released 1/4/24.
My number 1631
DSD64-DSF File-DR's 12's, 13's, 14, 15, 16.
R-29432527-1704754985-8869.jpg

Back