Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree, Comrade. Blasted thru it twice last night and it’s fantastic!
You know what else is fantastic? Well, YES--you do! You wrote about it HERE!
1605237988117.png
Fish Weltschmerz

POLL

What think you? And how much did it set you back?

Well, as chief critic in residence, fredblue, ascertained .... it's definitely an UPMIX. I purchased mine from ImportCD when they had their last 10% off sale so with tax and s/h about $37. IMO, for a CD/DVD DD 5.1 with that 'cheesy' pop up packaging it's WAY overpriced but I like the music and you do get a 96/24 LOSSLESS Stereo mix. Overall, some wonderful music. And as GOS [GENE] stated: sounds pretty amazing for DD 5.1......

https://www.importcds.com/the-red-planet/5056083207053
BTW, that Ormandy/Rubinstein Dutton Vocalion SACD I listed above is a VERY HIGH RECOMMENDATION. Some absolutely GORGEOUS MUSIC!

saw Alain Mallet has a NEW release, so i revisited this wonderful Elliot Scheiner mix
View attachment 59334View attachment 59335 Alain Mallet Mutt Slang
no POLL, but a
THREAD

Interestingly enough, Clement, Mutt Slang II, again remixed into 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner and mastered by Darcy Proper is available as a USB Drive for $22. Hmmmm! Also contains a BONUS TRACK and 2 videos. TRICKY!

0021154745_10.jpg

Last edited:
Interestingly enough, Clement, Mutt Slang II, again remixed into 5.1 by Elliot Scheiner and mastered by Darcy Proper is available as a USB Drive for $22. Hmmmm!

0021154745_10.jpg
you know i couldn't help myself . . . well, i chose not to help myself--my retirement funds are going down like the Hindenburg . . . but it all sounds wonderful!

you know i couldn't help myself . . . well, i chose not to help myself--my retirement funds are going down like the Hindenburg . . . but it all sounds wonderful!

Well, at least this time it's LOSSLESS 5.1 ...... Only wish they could've included Mutt Slang I as a bonus in LOSSLESS as well not that the DTS sounds bad.

And why do you think I'm still working, Clem? LOVE THOSE TOYS!...and the unique attributes of Clinique!

BTW, according to my OPPO, the supposedly LOSSLESS Stereo version of Wakeman's RED PLANET is PCM 48/16 bit and NOT 96/24 AS INDICATED ON THE DISC'S MENU. Bummer!

Last edited:
At least your funds are vanishing in a blaze of glory!
I've another 3 years to go (before state pension age), but with my obsessive surround purchases on the up I may have to delay retiring!

Back