Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suede.
Blur. The Ballad Of Darren.
Britpop Atmos Double. 1993/2023.
img1702138848477.jpg

Arriving TODAY from AmazonUS Neil Young's Before and After [Reprise/1 BD~A ATMOS, Stereo 96/24 and Binaural]

BEFORE AND AFTER will be available in four formats: vinyl LP; clear vinyl LP (Limited Edition)), Blu-Ray disc featuring Atmos mix, Binaural mix and Hi-Res 96/24 stereo; as well as Compact Disc.

Before and After Blu-Ray

Last edited:
Roger_Waters_Pros_Cons_HH.jpg
Roger-Waters-Amused-to-Death.jpg

Decided to burn through Waters' solo library in one go since it hadn't really grabbed me before, and this time Pros and Cons just hit perfectly. I get it now. And FreeSurround does a nice job decoding Holophonics.

Radio K.A.O.S. got an upgrade in my estimation too.

Amused to Death still took some effort, I can't stand "Perfect Sense," but I liked "Home Late Tonight" and lots of people seem to hate that.

Only managed to get halfway through ITTLWRW before I burnt out. Too many songs about dead children.

Roger_Waters_Pros_Cons_HH.jpg
Roger-Waters-Amused-to-Death.jpg

Decided to burn through Waters' solo library in one go since it hadn't really grabbed me before, and this time Pros and Cons just hit perfectly. I get it now. And FreeSurround does a nice job decoding Holophonics.

Radio K.A.O.S. got an upgrade in my estimation too.

Amused to Death still took some effort, I can't stand "Perfect Sense," but I liked "Home Late Tonight" and lots of people seem to hate that.

Only managed to get halfway through ITTLWRW before I burnt out. Too many songs about dead children.
I think Radio kaos is a brilliant album, perfect for atmos with the radio presenter etc

Arriving TODAY from AmazonUS Neil Young's Before and After [Reprise/1 BD~A ATMOS, Stereo 96/24 and Binaural]

BEFORE AND AFTER will be available in four formats: vinyl LP; clear vinyl LP (Limited Edition)), Blu-Ray disc featuring Atmos mix, Binaural mix and Hi-Res 96/24 stereo; as well as Compact Disc.

Before and After Blu-Ray
A VERY nice surprise from the Canadian wunderkind in superb Dolby ATMOS/Stereo 96/24 sonics. A 48 minute continuous 'montage' of solo acoustic songs with ultra sparse instrumentation and sounding very analogue~y! Immersive soundfield, nonetheless!

191 best images about NEIL YOUNG on Pinterest | Stephen stills, Classic ...

FOREVER YOUNG

Last edited:
Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits [SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway & If the Shoe Fits​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-channel]

Another generous two~fer from the RCA catalogue superbly remastered by Michael J. Dutton from the original QUAD masters. Two Lane Highway features guest musicians Chet Atkins and Emmylou Harris. Contains informative liner notes by David Zimmerman [steelydave]!

:hi :censored: I really need to pop mine open and hear that song.
It’s really not a bad album. Some songs are better than others. What makes it a good listen for me is Marc Almonds voice. Possibly, an underrated singer? I’ve only owned the first two Soft Cell records from back in the day. I’ve never heard nor purchased any of the other Soft Cell or Marc Almond Solo records. Too many other artists and bands to enjoy. I’m still hoping that The Art Of Falling Apart gets the same Dolby Atmos treatment on disc. I feel it’s the better album between the two.

Back