Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front.jpg

Should listen to this more often, sounds great.

Al Green - Greatest (DVD-Audio)

A little dated sounding, at least the very first song....but after that pretty dang good. I like it.
Currently on the song HERE I AM. Great tune.... :)

Followed by LETS STAY TOGETHER...sounds excellent.....dig it man...dig it.

Al Green - Greatest (DVD-Audio)

A little dated sounding, at least the very first song....but after that pretty dang good. I like it.
Currently on the song HERE I AM. Great tune.... :)

Followed by LETS STAY TOGETHER...sounds excellent.....dig it man...dig it.

does sound pretty good and surprisingly i dug it!

You might not have to if Steven Wilson does the reissue of Roxy Music titles...check out the bottom of the page in the next to last paragraph HERE

Don't think they were referring to "Avalon" when mentioning those Roxy Music reissues.
I can't see them having SW remix that one when the Clearmountain mix is perfect as is. All they need to do is simply reissue it. Much simpler than having SW do a whole new mix of it.

It's a different situation than "Fragile", where the original surround mix was a mess and a 'proper' one needed to be done.

I put on The Yes Album because it's been a while, and I'm almost embarrassed to admit that I'd forgotten how great this mix is! Wow. This is why we love all things surround.

Don't think they were referring to "Avalon" when mentioning those Roxy Music reissues.
I can't see them having SW remix that one when the Clearmountain mix is perfect as is. All they need to do is simply reissue it. Much simpler than having SW do a whole new mix of it.

It's a different situation than "Fragile", where the original surround mix was a mess and a 'proper' one needed to be done.

First let me say that I don't have any insider information or am willing to assign a % figure to a possible new surround version of Avalon.....the word I used in my post was MIGHT.....BUT...they are doing a complete re-issue of the Roxy series with a 2014 master to work from...the fact that Avalon has a great surround version might not be a factor for the record company that has already committed to the re-issue of the series...

Back