Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses 5.1 DTS DVDV

View attachment 106621
:cool: Jethro Tull - Heavy Horses 5.1 DTS DVDV now. (My wife's favourite) 😃
High noon!
QfiB0ln.jpeg

ENOCH LIGHT • 4-CHANNEL DYNAMITE & BIG BAND HITS OF THE '30s VOL. 2[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

ENOCH LIGHT • 4-CHANNEL DYNAMITE & BIG BAND HITS OF THE '30s VOL. 2​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

In the early days of STEREO/QUAD before I discovered the unmitigated joys of Rock, Heavy Metal, Punk, Grunge and Ska, Enoch Light introduced a series of audiophile LP recordings on the Command and Project 3 labels, some of which were recorded on 35mm film and always came in these sumptuous glossy gatefold enclosures.

It's as though Michael J. Dutton unearthed these masters totally unscathed from obscurity as the sound is as fresh and vibrant as the day they were recorded in the studio.

To once again have them in such stunning discrete sonics free of tape hiss and vinyl artifacts has become the trademark of D~V's absolute state of the art mastering chain!

EXPLOSIVE 🔥 !

HAIR • THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING [SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

HAIR • THE ORIGINAL BROADWAY CAST RECORDING​

[SACD Hybrid Multi-Channel]

From the startling mystically alluring opening you know you're in for a treat. It only took 50+ years but D~V has positively nailed it with this awesome remaster! Absolutely smokes the RCA QUAD Open Reel!

VERY Highest Recommendation!

Maybe I'll grow my hair LONG again! ❤️ Miss my mutton chops!

Last edited:
And 4ears let your Freak Flag fly high.....
Seriously, Jeffie, Michael J did a stupendous job on this HAIR QUAD remaster! Watched Milos Forman's HAIR the other night on FIOS with the late great Treat Williams and loved every second but this original cast album sounds so fresh and ALIVE! The discrete sonics are beyond BRILLIANT!

R.d7a3b2083591fb15355456644501088a

https://www.discogs.com/release/11176927-Bee-Gees-One-Night-Only

I was up at Zona Rosa today, planned to visit the Vintage Stock there, but they didn't open till noon so I killed some time at the Barnes and Noble there, bought this DVD while wandering through the store.

(listening to the DD 5.1 soundtrack)

Kirk Bayne

Billie Myers GROWING PAINS [Universal Music/HDS DTS 5.1] Recorded at Abbey Road Studios and produced by Desmond Child. An extremely dense ultra discrete extravaganza. Bonus track includes an unplugged version of Myers' KISS THE RAIN with rain/thunderstorm effects provided by Brad Miller

Download rock-album Billie Myers - Growing, Pains in surround format ...

https://www.discogs.com/release/6587749-Billie-Myers-Growing-Pains

Last edited:
Don Henley THE END OF THE INNOCENCE [Geffen Records/DTS Entertainment 5.1] A classic. Would love a BD~A ATMOS upgrade!

Primary
I bought my copy while on vacation in Italy at some place I happened to walk by with used stock just looking for any quad records and there this was with a pile of cds.....

Ahhh . . . I spent a LOT of time in HiGh school between the cans with this album (after having fed my head prodigious amounts of hallucinogens!), and this Atmos mix does a damn good job of replicating the out-of-body experiences i used to enjoy! Play on! Listening in 7.1
Bridge of Sighs.png
9.06 on our poll
thread

Last edited:
Back