Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Joni quadio box is a treasure chest of great music.

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpeg
    IMG_1140.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
What's the verdict? Atmos? 5.1?
To be honest I was a bit worried after looking at the poll but I think the mix is excellent, with all atmos mixes I turn the rears up 2db’s and the heights up 4, there is plenty going on, I feel surrounded by the music which is brilliant itself, it’s going to be a 9 or 10 for me.
I don’t listen to the 5.1 or stereo mixes when I have atmos

To be honest I was a bit worried after looking at the poll but I think the mix is excellent, with all atmos mixes I turn the rears up 2db’s and the heights up 4, there is plenty going on, I feel surrounded by the music which is brilliant itself, it’s going to be a 9 or 10 for me.
I'll be honest, I don't think I listened to hardly any of this Riverside title. Just popped the disc (yes, the disc lol) in and chose the 5.1 first. For sure, the 5.1 could have been more adventurous. The surrounds are mostly some slight delay synth stuff, but still way more interesting than the stereo counterpart. I am not unhappy with the 5.1, very punchy and thunderous with some real nice synth stuff here and there.

The Atmos, to my ears is much more aggressive and a real nice listen.

I don't have an atmos capable system yet (it's coming) but I like the 5.1 mix. It's not awesome but it's good enough for me to clearly prefer it to the stereo. Riverside is my favourite "young" band (meaning among those born in the 21st century) and I'd love to get multichannel mixes from their first 5 albums as well. Their music really strikes a chord with me.

I don't have an atmos capable system yet (it's coming) but I like the 5.1 mix. It's not awesome but it's good enough for me to clearly prefer it to the stereo. Riverside is my favourite "young" band (meaning among those born in the 21st century) and I'd love to get multichannel mixes from their first 5 albums as well. Their music really strikes a chord with me.
Have you heard of a band called “Airbag” from Norway? They are my favourite young band but unfortunately don’t do surround, give them a try if you like a more chilled (pink floyd) prog with an amazingly talented guitarist

Have you heard of a band called “Airbag” from Norway? They are my favourite young band but unfortunately don’t do surround, give them a try if you like a more chilled (pink floyd) prog with an amazingly talented guitarist

I've read very good things about them, not only from you. Would you recommend a specific album to start with?

I've read very good things about them, not only from you. Would you recommend a specific album to start with?
I started at the beginning and worked my way up, they are all on youtube if you want to hear them before buying anything. Identity 2009, All rights removed 2011, The greatest show on earth 2013, Disconnected 2016, A day at the beach 2020 and the brand new album The century of the self (may not be on youtube yet)

I started at the beginning and worked my way up, they are all on youtube if you want to hear them before buying anything. Identity 2009, All rights removed 2011, The greatest show on earth 2013, Disconnected 2016, A day at the beach 2020 and the brand new album The century of the self (may not be on youtube yet)

Thanks. They're on Tidal also, so I'll try there.

Last edited:
Back