Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

National Vinyl Record Day
National Vinyl Record Day on August 12 is your chance to go old school. Spin music lovers all around the world have disagreements on a number of things, but one thing we think everyone can agree on is that vinyl records are here to stay. For those who value the quality of sound, owning physical copies of your favorite albums, or simply the nostalgia factor, it’s probably safe to assume you’ve got your own collection of vinyl records stashed away somewhere. So now’s your time to dust off the old needle and let the music take you away on a cloud of good, good, good, vibrations.

In the spirit of National Vinyl Record Day, two classic Columbia SQ Barbra Streisands, with rock group Fanny turning a few tracks into Mad Dogs & Englishmen rockers. 🎸 🔥

Purchased from a Denver indie shop walking distance from our B&B in June.

1723486950285.jpeg

1723487022774.jpeg

Attachments

• 1723487000071.jpeg
    1723487000071.jpeg
    334.3 KB · Views: 0
Speaking of nothing quite like anything else on its label: Joris Roelofs, Rope Dance (SACD/FLAC 5.0, 2021). I don't know of any other Dutch avant-garde chamber jazz inspired by Nietzsche on the Swedish classical label BIS. I recognized bassist Clemens van der Feen, but the real attraction was the bassos I didn't know. Jazz bass clarinet! Jazz bassoon! I couldn't resist.
https://bis.se/performers/sambeek-bram-van/joris-roelofs-rope-danceView attachment 72925

This truly unique recording arrived today.
I've had it on my Amazon wish list since your post!!
They just reduced the price to £9 ...as it's like new from their warehouse.

Listening to it now.
It's not for the faint hearted...mix is reasonable, the fidelity is great.
And the music....I knew it was advant garde in its style but it's certainly taking me out of my comfort zone. 😄
I'll give this one some more spins, though, when the mood takes me.😊

https://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=14844

Last edited:
MAD LOVE for the latest mixing masterpiece from @Stephen W Tayler ! I've been listening to this daily for the last week. So good i had to crank out a REVIEW
View attachment 108431 Seven votes of 10 on our poll thread
Seeing Waldorf and Statler reminds me of when I meet my friend for our Monday lunchtime. Where we chew the cud over a pie and a pint. Almost a spitting image 😄

Agree 100% with your sentiments Fred

Seeing Waldorf and Statler reminds me of when I meet my friend for our Monday lunchtime. Where we chew the cud over a pie and a pint. Almost a spitting image 😄

Agree 100% with your sentiments Fred
Nice! Which one are you? I have a long face, like Statler, but my facial hair gives me a Waldorf look . . . my hair loss is reflected in both!

Nice! Which one are you? I have a long face, like Statler, but my facial hair gives me a Waldorf look . . . my hair loss is reflected in both!
I'm closer to Waldorf...🤪
But with hair on my chinny chin chin 😄
I dare not go out on a windy day as my three remaining hair strands are very precious to me 😄

Back