Loggins and Messina - Self-Titled - Audio Fidelity 4.0 SACD (September 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose one thing folks will not like is how short some of the songs are......so, you may want to consider that when and where you place your order. :)

I guess that means we'll *never* hear Elvis Costello and Mystery Dance in surround - all 1 minute 36 seconds of it!

Well, I'm in for Full Sail. I wish they would also do the Live album. That had some great music on it.

You don't have to wait. Sitting In Again At The Santa Barbara Bowl Live on DVD features pretty much all you want to hear in 5.1 DTS courtesy of a very discrete live mix from Elliot Scheiner.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438862261.370589.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1438862275.967266.jpg

Thanks. I do have a big soft spot for the older recording from the 70s entitled On Stage, however, but will look at the release you mention. Still the older album was so great and Jon Clarke on sax was what made that album that much better.

You don't have to wait. Sitting In Again At The Santa Barbara Bowl Live on DVD features pretty much all you want to hear in 5.1 DTS courtesy of a very discrete live mix from Elliot Scheiner.

View attachment 20452View attachment 20453

I'm a little cautious because they did this in 2005...30 years after they broke up....some artists can still get it done as they age...how are the vocals?

Fantastic! I have the DVD and saw them at Northerly Island (former Meigs Field) in Chicago. I've seen Kenny live several times. As good as he is solo, he was never better in all the times I saw him live. Sadly, the great Jon Clarke passed. Still, they had a great band.

Jim Messina is one of the most overlooked people in music. His resume reads like a who's who of country/folk rock: Buffalo Springfield, Poco, L&M.

I'm a little cautious because they did this in 2005...30 years after they broke up....some artists can still get it done as they age...how are the vocals?

Fantastic! I have the DVD and saw them at Northerly Island (former Meigs Field) in Chicago. I've seen Kenny live several times. As good as he is solo, he was never better in all the times I saw him live. Sadly, the great Jon Clarke passed. Still, they had a great band.

Jim Messina is one of the most overlooked people in music. His resume reads like a who's who of country/folk rock: Buffalo Springfield, Poco, L&M.

Thanks Linda and Elmer for pointing out this title, another one that I have missed on,didn't realize ES did this mix.
Is this a discreet Elliot Scheiner live mix like Roy Orbison-Black and White Night(which is one of my favorite 5.1 live mix's).

peter

Thanks Linda and Elmer for pointing out this title, another one that I have missed on,didn't realize ES did this mix.
Is this a discreet Elliot Scheiner live mix like Roy Orbison-Black and White Night(which is one of my favorite 5.1 live mix's).

peter

It's on a par with the Orbison mix - killer band - horn section, keys vocals, percussion, etc. L&M in top form! I saw them live many times in the 70's and this band rivals them easily. This is a no brainier and can be picked up for under $10

I would think so...don't know too many LP at 22minutes...maybe an EP...

After 22 minutes you had to get up and flip the record over. A complete break. Also side 1 and side 2 were programmed as such and not as a continuous whole.

And yes, looking forward to the Loggins and Messina release, Angry Eyes being my favorite song of theirs.

They played here at the Arrington Winery in 2010 and were great! Did a letter perfect Be Free and splendid Angry Eyes as well. Let's just say they had everything in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My question is: Where are the other tracks from those Al Stewart albums? (AND where are the surround mixes for 'I Robot' and 'Eye In The Sky'?)

OFF TOPIC: But, those were the only two tracks he mixed from Al Stewart. He did them for Arista to try and convince them to let him do the entire albums, but it didn't work.

Now back to L&M. You will love this disc and will probably love the following discs. :)
AF is doing such a great job with these incredible 4.0 1970's mixes that it's hard to fathom. They are literally "rescuing" these from history and insuring they will now be available in pristine form forever.

Glad to hear about the more recent live release, but still would want the On Stage live performance....21+ minutes of Vahevala.

There were long songs back in the 60's on albums. Refried boogie on Living the Blues clocked in at 41+ minutes.The only way to hear the whole thing straight through without a break is on r to r.

There were long songs back in the 60's on albums. Refried boogie on Living the Blues clocked in at 41+ minutes.The only way to hear the whole thing straight through without a break is on r to r.

There's always the DSD download, and it's not 3 3/4 IPS.

Does the download have the break in the middle. All of the cd's I've checked have the break which is strange since the original master has the whole thing intact.

Back