Losing my mind trying to burn gapless audio to DVD-Video...any advice?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowMoon

Hello, new member here, having a really hard time with figuring this out. Im trying to burn CD quality albums to a DVD-V so I can have full discographies (or most of them) on 1 or 2 DVDs. My blu-ray player doesn't support DVD-A sadly. I tried Audio DVD Creator, which worked wonders outside of the fact that i cannot get it to make gapless ISOs for the life of me, and I got an old version of Cirlinca High-definition Audio Studio Ultra 3.3 running on a Windows XP virtual machine, but the page to get the DVD-Video plugin is down, and i doubt itd be on the Wayback Machine even if it wasnt under maintenence. The only thing I was able to get working was AudioMuxer, but i have to manually convert the CD rips to 16/48 and it takes an insanely long time to even make the ISO once i've done that. Any advice? Anyone happen to have the ZIP for that Cirlinca plugin?

Something else i wanted to mention, not using this for pirated music, everything im trying to get onto DVD-V has no CD release, ive already bought the vinyl and cassette releases where applicable, just want a digital version to put in the setup in my bedroom. I sadly dont own a good DAP, so this is the next best thing I can think of.

Wayback machine is back up, the file sadly isnt there but i was able to get the name of it, DVDAuthorEnhancementPack.zip, anyone happen to have it?

I used to use Audio DVD Creator all the time but as computers became faster and hard drives became larger I simply saved everything to the hard drive. Just playback via the computer's sound card.

A couple of years ago I revisited Audio DVD Creator, my intent was to burn discs to play in my truck. I burned a couple discs but then changed out the deck in the truck to one which wouldn't play the discs. It would play AC-3 but not PCM.

Along the way I discovered a similar program Music DVD Creator but was unable to purchase a licence for it despite the links on the site still working. It took the company that collects the licence fee for the software company awhile (over a month) to determine that Blaze Video was now defunct.

As for not being gapless, I don't recall that but I can well imagine. The gapless problem has come up many times with many different applications. The solution is usually to create one large file with a cue sheet. I don't think Audio DVD Creator supports that.

I tried to fire up Audio DVD Creator on my computer and for some reason it is no longer working.

Roxio has the ability to create Audio-DVD discs. I'm using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. I dismissed using it previously as if you select "Create DVD Music Discs" it is rather basic and converts audio to AC-3. If you select "Create Music Disc Projects" instead you have access to more features and under settings can select PCM. I successfully burned a disc last night but haven't play tested it yet. Is it gapless, likely not and I see no way to load a cue sheet.

I used to use Audio DVD Creator all the time but as computers became faster and hard drives became larger I simply saved everything to the hard drive. Just playback via the computer's sound card.

A couple of years ago I revisited Audio DVD Creator, my intent was to burn discs to play in my truck. I burned a couple discs but then changed out the deck in the truck to one which wouldn't play the discs. It would play AC-3 but not PCM.

Along the way I discovered a similar program Music DVD Creator but was unable to purchase a licence for it despite the links on the site still working. It took the company that collects the licence fee for the software company awhile (over a month) to determine that Blaze Video was now defunct.

As for not being gapless, I don't recall that but I can well imagine. The gapless problem has come up many times with many different applications. The solution is usually to create one large file with a cue sheet. I don't think Audio DVD Creator supports that.

I tried to fire up Audio DVD Creator on my computer and for some reason it is no longer working.

Roxio has the ability to create Audio-DVD discs. I'm using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro. I dismissed using it previously as if you select "Create DVD Music Discs" it is rather basic and converts audio to AC-3. If you select "Create Music Disc Projects" instead you have access to more features and under settings can select PCM. I successfully burned a disc last night but haven't play tested it yet. Is it gapless, likely not and I see no way to load a cue sheet.
Thank you for the information, yeah im starting to realize that im probably better off doing it as 1 big file per album since Audio DVD Creator wont do gapless for me, thankfully its very easy to do that in foobar2000. I usually listen to full albums, maybe skipping 1 or 2 tracks if its one i dont like so i dont mind having to fast forward or whatever. Ill see if I have luck with Roxio, and ill do some research on Music DVD Creator too. I was thinking of getting a motherboard that has an SPDIF output and making a small PC build that i can hook into my reciever through optical or coaxial and just using that, but im broke as hell so thats why i kinda wanted to go the DVD-V route haha. I REALLY need to get a nice Oppo blu-ray player that can play DVD-A and all the other formats i want to be able to play, thats honestly probably my best option for a next step here.

Back