Louise Patricia Crane - Netherworld 5.1 DVD-V/CD (featuring Jakko Jakszyk/Mel Collins/Tony Levin/Ian Anderson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a sweet email from Louise as well - won't copy/paste the whole thing but here's the part in which she's referring to the forum and how she had to push for a physical release of the surround mix. @Clement I think you got a mention!

I'm honoured to be spoken of over at Quadraphonicquad — audio connoisseurs over there! I actually received another very sweet message and order yesterday from one of the members there. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. At times it was a battle to push forward making sure I had not only a multichannel mix for Netherworld, but a physical edition of it too.

Since Kate Bush is at best semi-retired I'm glad there's another female artist picking up the prog/celtic rock slack and is being embraced by some prog stalwarts. She has a way to go to reach Kate Bush level - but that applies to almost anyone. In any case I'm happy to support her. Lasercd has the CD/DVD set for $25 and domestic shipping which isn't a bad price.

Netherworld is top of the prog chart in the UK!
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 7.31.10 AM.png

Meh the music is light weight world pop w/ some hilariously overblown Celtic faerie mythology trappings
Me suspects if it wasn't for the "pretty packaging" there wouldn't be much ado at all.
Ymmv as usual
I was strongly put off by the cover of the previous album, Deep Blue, but after a few 'distracted' listens (I'd put it on my phone and it was popping up now and then as I'd walk to work) I had to change my mind. The music on that album is excellent. I would be surprised if she has now plummeted to what you describe.

I was strongly put off by the cover of the previous album, Deep Blue, but after a few 'distracted' listens (I'd put it on my phone and it was popping up now and then as I'd walk to work) I had to change my mind. The music on that album is excellent. I would be surprised if she has now plummeted to what you describe.
This cover, I guess? Unless there is some alternate cover...

1719575016961.png

This cover, I guess? Unless there is some alternate cover...

View attachment 107027
Is there a problem with this cover? I mean, it's hardly Whitesnake's 'Lovehunter', Scorpions 'Virgin Killer' or heck, Lorde's 'Solar Power' is it?
Meh the music is light weight world pop w/ some hilariously overblown Celtic faerie mythology trappings
Me suspects if it wasn't for the "pretty packaging" there wouldn't be much ado at all.
Ymmv as usual
I count 2 songs having a Celtic influence - Dance with the Devil and the outro of Celestial Dust. Sounds like you really dug deep with your listen there champ. 'light weight world pop' is a new insult in my books too, is this like using "woke" as an insult for anything with a woman or POC in a prominent position?

Is there a problem with this cover? I mean, it's hardly Whitesnake's 'Lovehunter', Scorpions 'Virgin Killer' or heck, Lorde's 'Solar Power' is it?

I count 2 songs having a Celtic influence - Dance with the Devil and the outro of Celestial Dust. Sounds like you really dug deep with your listen there champ. 'light weight world pop' is a new insult in my books too, is this like using "woke" as an insult for anything with a woman or POC in a prominent position?
LOL! No, nothing wrong with it at all. Yeah, virgin killer was a little out there to say the least. Love the album though!

LOL! No, nothing wrong with it at all. Yeah, virgin killer was a little out there to say the least. Love the album though!
Maybe it's a personal thing. I can imagine some lecherous old record company execs getting her to agree to the cover. But sorry I mentioned it. It's the music that counts. And it's excellent.

Back