Louise Patricia Crane - Netherworld 5.1 DVD-V/CD (featuring Jakko Jakszyk/Mel Collins/Tony Levin/Ian Anderson)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a sweet email from Louise as well - won't copy/paste the whole thing but here's the part in which she's referring to the forum and how she had to push for a physical release of the surround mix. @Clement I think you got a mention!

I'm honoured to be spoken of over at Quadraphonicquad — audio connoisseurs over there! I actually received another very sweet message and order yesterday from one of the members there. I can't tell you how happy this makes me. At times it was a battle to push forward making sure I had not only a multichannel mix for Netherworld, but a physical edition of it too.

Since Kate Bush is at best semi-retired I'm glad there's another female artist picking up the prog/celtic rock slack and is being embraced by some prog stalwarts. She has a way to go to reach Kate Bush level - but that applies to almost anyone. In any case I'm happy to support her. Lasercd has the CD/DVD set for $25 and domestic shipping which isn't a bad price.

Netherworld is top of the prog chart in the UK!
Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 7.31.10 AM.png

Meh the music is light weight world pop w/ some hilariously overblown Celtic faerie mythology trappings
Me suspects if it wasn't for the "pretty packaging" there wouldn't be much ado at all.
Ymmv as usual
I was strongly put off by the cover of the previous album, Deep Blue, but after a few 'distracted' listens (I'd put it on my phone and it was popping up now and then as I'd walk to work) I had to change my mind. The music on that album is excellent. I would be surprised if she has now plummeted to what you describe.

I was strongly put off by the cover of the previous album, Deep Blue, but after a few 'distracted' listens (I'd put it on my phone and it was popping up now and then as I'd walk to work) I had to change my mind. The music on that album is excellent. I would be surprised if she has now plummeted to what you describe.
This cover, I guess? Unless there is some alternate cover...

1719575016961.png

This cover, I guess? Unless there is some alternate cover...

View attachment 107027
Is there a problem with this cover? I mean, it's hardly Whitesnake's 'Lovehunter', Scorpions 'Virgin Killer' or heck, Lorde's 'Solar Power' is it?
Meh the music is light weight world pop w/ some hilariously overblown Celtic faerie mythology trappings
Me suspects if it wasn't for the "pretty packaging" there wouldn't be much ado at all.
Ymmv as usual
I count 2 songs having a Celtic influence - Dance with the Devil and the outro of Celestial Dust. Sounds like you really dug deep with your listen there champ. 'light weight world pop' is a new insult in my books too, is this like using "woke" as an insult for anything with a woman or POC in a prominent position?

Is there a problem with this cover? I mean, it's hardly Whitesnake's 'Lovehunter', Scorpions 'Virgin Killer' or heck, Lorde's 'Solar Power' is it?

I count 2 songs having a Celtic influence - Dance with the Devil and the outro of Celestial Dust. Sounds like you really dug deep with your listen there champ. 'light weight world pop' is a new insult in my books too, is this like using "woke" as an insult for anything with a woman or POC in a prominent position?
LOL! No, nothing wrong with it at all. Yeah, virgin killer was a little out there to say the least. Love the album though!

My copy arrived today! Some extremely busy days coming so I won't have the opportunity to sit down and properly listen to the surround mix until sometime next week.
Looking forward to hearing how you find the mix. Hoping for good things from Jakko. While the music is a change in direction from Deep Blue, it's still great in my book.

Thanks to this thread I went to lasercd to buy this and added a couple of blu-rays

SKUDescriptionAttributesPriceQTYTotal
PECUL002CDDCrane, Louise Patricia - Netherworld (CD/DVD)Shipping Region - USA (Media Mail)
$ 25.00​
1​
$ 25.00​
KSCOPE594Tesseract - War Of Being (Blu-Ray)---
$ 9.60​
1​
$ 9.60​
KSCOPE529Wilson, Steven - 4 1/2 (Blu-Ray)---
$ 9.00​
1​
$ 9.00​
Subtotal:
$ 43.60​
Tax:
$ 0.00​
Shipping:
$ 5.00​
Total:
$ 48.60​
Shipping Method:US Domestic Mail

Since Kate Bush is at best semi-retired I'm glad there's another female artist picking up the prog/celtic rock slack and is being embraced by some prog stalwarts. She has a way to go to reach Kate Bush level - but that applies to almost anyone. In any case I'm happy to support her. Lasercd has the CD/DVD set for $25 and domestic shipping which isn't a bad price.
LaserCD is now sold out of the DVD+CD version.

Back