Marillion “This Strange Engine” (Deluxe Edition with 5.1 mix out in November!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered. Hopefully I'll get the signed print 🤞🏼.
I'm actually a big fan of this album and I'm really looking forward to getting and hearing this in 5.1 👍🏻

Place holder ready on Amazon UK

This Strange Engine Bd) https://amzn.eu/d/95Xr1P9

I shall wait for the reviews, not a fan of Mr Hunters half hearted attempts at surround mixing.
Haven't his mixes been getting better? With Friends From The Orchestra had a pretty good mix as I recall. I do like This Strange Engine, and the more the merrier on my Jethro Tull & Marillion boxset shelf I say, so I'll definitely get this!

I shall wait for the reviews, not a fan of Mr Hunters half hearted attempts at surround mixing.

Same here. Actually, I never preorder anything (honestly, I don't see the point, but that's just me) unless I know for a fact it's extremely limited stuff that might go out of stock before the release date. But in this case there's also the reason you've just mentioned.

Haven't his mixes been getting better? With Friends From The Orchestra had a pretty good mix as I recall. I do like This Strange Engine, and the more the merrier on my Jethro Tull & Marillion boxset shelf I say, so I'll definitely get this!
It is a mute point Col....
Hopefully this be the case where he's significantly improved his mixing skills...
But yes I have all the previous Marillion releases.
So who am I kidding eh 😅 it will be ordered, eventually.

I have enough of the signed prints so probably won't pre-order this one... wait for it to go down in price. That said, there is often a lot of good content on these editions, and the live sets are well-mixed. Michael Hunter's surround mixes have been OK. If nothing else, they really up the fidelity of the music and I appreciated that for Afraid of Sunlight and Seasons End.

Back