Mark Doyle "Incense and Peppermints - Out of the Past II" - new album with Bob Clearmountain 5.1 & Dolby Atmos mixes (Blu-Ray & lossless download)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations Mark on a great record and thanks for including IAA in one of the platforms you chose for release.

I'm guessing it's been discussed but hopefully Mary Fahl will be able to arrange an atmos mix for one of hers.

I'm guessing it's been discussed but hopefully Mary Fahl will be able to arrange an atmos mix for one of hers.
I’d love any of Mary’s existing MC albums to get excellent Atmos treatment, e.g. Bob Clearmountain, Ronald Prent, etc.

But I would love, at least as much, for a new Mary and Mark collaboration to get it. Same formats as your latest record would work perfectly, for me.

I got familiar with the album in stereo, finally got to hear it in the living room in 5.1 today. Outstanding production and the surround mix is top notch as expected. I was tepid on the songs in stereo, hearing it in surround helps to peel apart the layers of which there are many not easily appreciated when squished into the stereo mix. This surround mix is reference level good sounding.

The thing most lost on me in stereo was the precision of Mark's playing, although there's a few moments of flash it's mostly the clean and smooth playing that stood out when I could hear the guitar leads separated from the other instruments. Instrumental rock, unless groundbreaking, is a hard sell for me. This manages to have enough stylistic variance between tracks to feel fresh, although I'd say the most groundbreaking thing about the album is that it landed in my surround collection when I mostly pass on instrumental rock nowadays. When/if a poll is ever put up, I'm going to give it an enthusiastic 10 despite the initial poor impression the somewhat dense sounding stereo mix made on me.

I got familiar with the album in stereo, finally got to hear it in the living room in 5.1 today. Outstanding production and the surround mix is top notch as expected. I was tepid on the songs in stereo, hearing it in surround helps to peel apart the layers of which there are many not easily appreciated when squished into the stereo mix. This surround mix is reference level good sounding.

The thing most lost on me in stereo was the precision of Mark's playing, although there's a few moments of flash it's mostly the clean and smooth playing that stood out when I could hear the guitar leads separated from the other instruments. Instrumental rock, unless groundbreaking, is a hard sell for me. This manages to have enough stylistic variance between tracks to feel fresh, although I'd say the most groundbreaking thing about the album is that it landed in my surround collection when I mostly pass on instrumental rock nowadays. When/if a poll is ever put up, I'm going to give it an enthusiastic 10 despite the initial poor impression the somewhat dense sounding stereo mix made on me.
Thank you for giving it a chance in surround - I’m happy it got through to you, and I appreciate you following up on your original impression.

Back