MMH Version 6.3 - New Dolby Atmos Helper tool & updated Multchannel Remix tool

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. MMH just takes the original TrueHD stream and copies it to an mpeg container. This is a copy of the stream on the disc and is identical to the stream played by a BD player. There is no decode/encode.

Yes. MMH just takes the original TrueHD stream and copies it to an mpeg container. This is a copy of the stream on the disc and is identical to the stream played by a BD player. There is no decode/encode.
The thing is that this m4a 24/48 atmos lossless is not playable by portable dacs (daps, like Shanling M6 ultra). So, I need a m4a atmos lossy 16/48 (5.1 or 7.1) that is readable by daps, but keeps the original spatial metadata, how can I get it?

Why do you need Atmos mixes for your dacs? The one you mention is stereo only? If you want to listen to hires stereo rip the stereo stream.

Your players are probably expecting ALAC in the m4a not Dolby Encoded streams. The MMH tool copies stream’s codec to m4a it doesn’t actually convert to any other codec like ALAC etc.

Why do you need Atmos mixes for your dacs? The one you mention is stereo only? If you want to listen to hires stereo rip the stereo stream.

Your players are probably expecting ALAC in the m4a not Dolby Encoded streams. The MMH tool copies stream’s codec to m4a it doesn’t actually convert to any other codec like ALAC etc.
I have some conclusions about ATMOS m4a format from an Atmos BD, please correct me if they are not true.
1. To get Atmos lossless m4a you have to use MMH Extract MKV. The original spatial metadata is preserved.
2. For m4a lossy Atmos 5.1, even 7.1, use DEE in MMH, but the metadata is not the original. This way you get Pseudo Atmos or an approximation to the original Atmos.

In short, Atmos m4a lossy has to be downloaded somehow from Tidal, Apple or bought from Inmersive AA web, because there is no way to rip the original BD to m4a lossy while preserving the original metadata.

I have tried BD Atmos--> Atmos lossless m4a obtained via MMH --> Extract Audio from MKV and the KODI 211 player (PC-Windows10) is only able to play the first track of the BD album. The same happens with Kodi 2.1 on my iphone, it only plays the first track, the rest are not read.

More and more confused. I don't understand then why the m4a files I get with DEE from wav 7.1 decoding MKV tell me MediaInfo:
1664Kbps, 48Khz 8channels E-AC-3 JOC (Blu-Ray Disc)(Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos)
JOC are not metadata?
Looking at https://professionalsupport.dolby.c...#:~:text=Dolby Digital Plus JOC (Joint Object
1727957643835.png

I think that,

MediaInfo is just reporting your file as JOC Dolby Digital Plus with Atmos capable, so it is saying it is a file format which can handle Atmos, it is not saying it is definitely an Atmos file, as MediaInfo can't see or read any embedded metadata it just looks at the file type format.

For Dolby Atmos with height audio you would also need new OAMD information which you don't have as you are creating an Atmos file from a 7.1 file so you have no height metadata the height audio x.x.4 is mixed in to the 7.1 audio it cannot be separated from it.

So you are taking a 7.1.4 Atmos file and creating a 7.1 wav file which going through DEE produces a 7.1 Atmos file.

Back