Moody Blues - In Search Of The Lost Chord (50th Anniversary set with 5.1 "manipulation" by Jakko Jakszyk).

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...I've been sitting here at my computer for hours since these releases were announced today...geeze..I actually had things I wanted to get done today...like eat:unsure:

I've been doing some painting around the house today. I had planned to be doing something more fun but UPS didn't deliver. Only Clint Eastwood will know of what I am speaking. So thanks yet again for doing all the legwork on these titles Clint.

kinda looks like the cover

https://scontent-lax3-2.cdninstagra...987_623241648073351_1532494690221606058_n.mp4
41754987_623241648073351_1532494690221606058_n.mp4

I've been doing some painting around the house today. I had planned to be doing something more fun but UPS didn't deliver. Only Clint Eastwood will know of what I am speaking. So thanks yet again for doing all the legwork on these titles Clint.

Today is one of those days that I love the most...Day 1 is my favorite day on here...that day that a release is first announced...but it was Day 1 on steroids today....the Dutton 5 really created some major interest...then the Moody Blues took the stage for the title that didn't have a surround release...to me that's what everybody is looking for...not just another re-issue of a surround...new Blood...and then an end of the speculation/concern about a surround version being on the White Album..it's just great to see the excitement on here...sometimes members give us personal accounts that relate to the new release and how much it means to them...I love those stories...waiting years for something that now is within their reach...sometimes we all forget that this is a hobby when we dissect every aspect of a release....but not on Day 1..it's all flowers and roses...and it's been a great day...if all these releases actually arrive in November this will be epic..

By happenstance I wound up at Timothy Leary's wake in San Francisco (a friend alerted me). Lots of big names from the era spoke (I went to hear what Paul Kantner had to say, as Leary had been visibly hanging out with him a few months earlier at the Fillmore -- with Jefferson Starship: The Next Generation playing as an Apple Computer event! -- but it was Paul Krassner that had the highlight speech). Still have the hand-out with the list somewhere, and years later, after reading his autobiography, I see that quite a few interesting people that were just names to me then spoke! At any rate, it was in a small church with not that large a crowd (I can only imagine a few government agents among them, which is why, perhaps, no intoxicants were present, but I missed any after-parties!), and at the end, as people were leaving, from a tinny church speaker over the door they played . . . you guessed it! The Moody's "Timothy Leary's Dead."

Made my night :geek:

What a beautiful looking set!

In-Search-of-the-Lost-Chord-3D-web-optimised-1000.jpg

Even though the 5.1 surround mix is the main focus of this set, I think it's cool that this reissue has a new stereo mix, cause the original stereo mix was pretty poor IMHO, so hopefully they have rediscovered a lot of newfound clarity by embarking on this new mix!

"Visions of Paradise" indeed!

:)

It was my understanding that this album was not mixed for quad because the multitrack tapes were lost and as far as I knew, they were still lost when the other SACDs came out. I hope they include the story of how these tapes were magically rediscovered (either in the packaging or in an interview).

one of my favorite all time songs and from the Moody's to boot in now glorious 5.1

Timothy Leary's dead
No, no, he's outside looking in
He'll fly his astral plane
Takes you trips around the bay
Brings you back the same day
Timothy Leary, Timothy Leary

This song is not only fitting now that Timothy's gone but it also was released the same year I was born (possibly even recorded the same month)

cosmic serendipity

so excited
I get this song in my head out of nowhere at times. Must have made quite the impression-as I reckon the whole album did-back in the day.

This is how I prefer purchasing box sets. Leaving out vinyl, cassettes and other unnecessary items. Plus, pricing is good. However, I do wish it (especially, the 5.1 Mix) were presented with BD’s instead of DVD’s but that is only a minor gripe.

I would love to see more future releases that include surround in their catalog up to The Present.

I can't say that it's not an upmix, but since the set includes a new stereo mix, it would odd if the 5.1 was an upmix.

I agree with you. I don't think a man as dedicated to his work as Justin Hayward would tolerate such deception. I mean, there may some upmixes where the multis have been either damaged or lost, but I would suspect this to be an otherwise discrete presentation.

Back