Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whereas I have an i7 Asus laptop that flies, although I don't use it much anymore because I built a PC.
It was slow from new, think ASUS did something to Windows, I couldn't even get the machine to accept an overwrite with a new Windows licence.

Never buy an ASUS one, I have an i7 ASUS laptop sitting on a shelf it is just so slow booting/loading well at everything, an 8088 based one would be quicker!
Okay Duncan... Are you sitting down?

I ended up buying an ASUS Zenbook 15 (Model: UM3504DA), fitted with AMD Ryzen 7 7735U CPU and integrated graphics!

I spent most of yesterday removing and disabling all the bloatware I could find, and it seems to have worked as it boots up in less than ten seconds!

The 15.6 inch 3K OLED screen is inky black and the in-built harman/kardon audio sounds really good for such a small device... Anyway, I'm very happy with it ;)

A new MMH installer with these fixes

7.1.10a Fixes (January 13)
PDF Doc file not current version - fixed (issue in last couple of builds on my new PC)
Atmos Helper dialogs not scaled correctly with some Windows Display Settings (font scaling switching) -fixed

Direct link to new installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

I updated the MMH 10a installer today to replace the ‘FLAC.exe’ file used in a couple of tools (Channel Volume displaying waveforms, and one of the channel remix sub-tools). Somewhere along the move to my new PC the wrong exe was being added to the installer… Apologies. If the effects you please download the new 10a installer from my previous post.

Had a bit of a visual bug when I was doing a batch channel delay adjustment the other day. Everything works fine, but the progress bars for the individual tracks aren't where they're supposed to be, I don't think.

Laptop running Win 10 with a 4K display.

mmh layout error.jpg

Thanks Dave. I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Those progress bars should be at the bottom of each file control. On a 4K with text scaling the channel controls grow. It looks like the progress bar does not move down as it should. Will be an easy fix.

A new MMH 7.1.11 released

Version 7.1.11 (January 18 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Waveform viewing - Wrong version of Flac decoder included in previous installer - fixed
Channel Delay tool: Scaling issues if Windows Display Settings font scaling applied - fixed

(Unoffical release 7.1.10a Fixes - January 13)
PDF documention file not current version - fixed
Atmos Helper dialogs not scaled correctly with some Windows Display Settings (font scaling switching) -fixed

Changes:
Updated ffmpeg components to 6.1.1 (now all supporting multi-threading)

You have a (lossy) Dolby Atmos .mp4 file encoded with AC-4. Is this what MediaInfo reports?
This is the MediaInfo analysis:
Audio
ID : 1
Format : AC-4
Format/Info : Audio Coding 4
Commercial name : Dolby AC-4
Format version : Version 2
Codec ID : ac-4
Duration : 3 min 11 s
Bit rate : 256 kb/s
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel layout : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (2048 SPF)
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 5.84 MiB (98%)
Default : Yes
Alternate group : 2
Encoded date : 2023-06-07 19:16:51 UTC
Tagged date : 2023-06-07 19:16:51 UTC
I-Frame interval : 24 frames
Number of presentations : 1
NumberOfGroups : 1
Number of substreams : 1
Presentation #1 : Immersive Stereo Main
Presentation ID : 0
Dolby Atmos : Yes
Dialogue normalization : -17.00
Loudness : Yes
Integrated loudness (speech gated) : -21.5 LKFS
Integrated loudness (level gated) : -16.5 LKFS
Audio Loudness Standard : ATSC A/85
Realtime loudness corrected : No
Dialogue corrected : No
Dynamic Range Control : Yes
E-AC-3 DRC profile : Music light
Home theater AVR : Music light
Flat panel TV : Music light
Portable speakers : Music light
Portable headphones : Music light
Group #s : 1
Group #1 : Main
Content classifier : Main
Channel coded : Yes
Immersive stereo : Dolby Atmos Content
Number of substreams : 1
Substream #s : 1
Substream #1 : Stereo
Channel mode : Stereo
Immersive stereo : Dolby Atmos Content
Channel layout : L R

A new MMH 7.1.11 released

Version 7.1.11 (January 18 2024)
-------------
Fixes:
Channel Volume tool: Waveform viewing - Wrong version of Flac decoder included in previous installer - fixed
Channel Delay tool: Scaling issues if Windows Display Settings font scaling applied - fixed

(Unoffical release 7.1.10a Fixes - January 13)
PDF documention file not current version - fixed

Changes:
Updated ffmpeg components to 6.1.1 (now all supporting multi-threading)

You are just $%&*!@# awesome for all the work you put into this, I am so grateful as I use MMH often.

Hi Garry, any plans to add support for the AC-4 codec? I recently come across a Dolby Atmos .m4a file that used this codec rather than the usual E-AC-3 JOC.

FFmpeg 6.1 used by MMH supports muxing of AC-4 but not decoding. You’d probably need to decode with the Dolby Reference Player. I’m not sure though.

Back