Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To add to my Auro 3D flac issue above: could I use MMH's Merge MKV and FLAC capability to try this? The big problem is that the tool is looking for equal numbers of MKVs to merge with the flacs...and I have none. Is it easy enough to make a blank dummy mkv or will MMH sniff it out as being non-video? My whole reasoning here is maybe the Z9X, primarily a movie box, plays MKVs very well, and maybe will identify the flacs internally. Dunno.

Well, I've tried a few things so far, but no luck. MKVtoolnix seems to not like the "type" of flac this is (which, of course, is non-standard), but it seemed to complete a mutiplex on it as an MKA (but then my Z9X didn't see it). Then simply renamed it to mkv but no go either (video player saw it and tried to start but frozen at 0:00).

Thanks again Garry for always providing guidance. This is by no means a stay awake issue. ;) Happy Holidays.

Then simply renamed it to mkv but no go either (video player saw it and tried to start but frozen at 0:00).

Maybe adding a video stream would allow it to play? You can encode a still image as a video stream or copy video from another MKV as a quick test. So you’ll have a video stream and the FLAC stream.

Many thanks Garry, I'll give that a shot. Is there something I can do with the existing FLAC files without having to extract and re-tag everything again?

Maybe Resampling to 96kHz may fix them? The MMH Resampling tool will batch Resample and keep all the tags, you can keep the original files or overwrite them.

Gary,using MMH 7.1.8 and using Extract Audio from MKV I tried to convert a single chapter MKV to MKA and I get this message

1702668146180.png

Work around was to convert to M4A and then convert the M4A to MKA.

Is their any reason the MKV single chapter to MKA would not work?

I am having to use MKA because of the problem with JRiver and VLC not working with mlpa audio.

As a Mac person, I'm happy to say, with Garry's help, I was finally able to add Atmos files to my server. I had to install Parallels, which allowed me to run MMH. Because my Mac Mini (connected to my Pre/Pro via HDMI) can't bitstream, I can't output Atmos mkv or mka files directly. As a result, I'm forced to send mka/mkv Atmos files via DLNA to my Oppo 205, which properly outputs the Atmos signal to the Pre/Pro. The problem is, DLNA will not play gapless. I thought the solution would be to rip an Atmos album as one long MKA, and use a cue file to break up the tracks.

I found out the hard way that cue files don't really work over DLNA. Apparently it's been an issue with JRiver for years. I was wondering if anyone had another suggestion as to how I could either get a cue file to work, or play split mka files gaplessly.

Thanks in advance!

Latest update (7.1.8) has a problem. Joining mkv files from multiple sub-folders shows a 'done' dialog box BEFORE the work is actually completed. Previous versions did not do this. Those waited until the joining was actually done before presenting the dialog box.

The joining process does continue in the background, so that part is still ok.

Side note, if you're on windows and have multiple virtual desktops (press WindowsKey-Tab to get to multiple virtual desktops) the completion dialog box would always show up on the active desktop, not the desktop where mmhelper is running. Not sure if that's correct or not. But it does make for a bit of a bug-hunt looking for the modal dialog box to dismiss it.

Any thoughts/progress on that sub-folder import function allowing for .mp4 file extensions in addition to .mkv?

Right now I just bulk rename them before doing the import, no conversion at all. the voidtools.com 'Everything' search tool makes it pretty easy.

MMH 7.1.9 Beta 3 available (Only by direct download):
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/Beta/MMHInstaller.msi
Version 7.1.9 Beta 3 (December 30 2023) - Change Log since official 7.1.8 release
-------------
Fixes:
MusicBrainz Tagging: Double-Clicking on disc art image wrongly saves selected image to cover art - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV: On Parallels split files not loaded in correct order (I guess this could also occur on other system but not on Win 11) - fixed
Channel Remix tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Resample tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Split & Join MKV Files tool: Join showed 100% instantly (while conversion continued in background) - fixed @wkearney99
MMH DR Calculation: Fails to get DR under specific circumstances - fixed

Changes:
Split & Join MKV Files tool: Changed name to 'Split & Join Files' and added support to batch join MP4 files creating chapters @wkearney99
MusicBrainz Tagging: Now always saves artwork immediately when double-clicked. Previously saved only if dialog saved
Updated MKVToolnix to 81.0
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 23.1.7

New MMH Release:

Version 7.1.9 (January 5 2023)
-------------
Fixes:
MusicBrainz Tagging: Double-Clicking on disc art image wrongly saves selected image to cover art - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Extract Audio from MKV: On Parallels split files not loaded in correct order (this may occur on other systems, but not Win 11) - fixed
Channel Remix tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Resample tool: Progress indication displayed incorrect value at end - fixed
Split & Join MKV Files tool: Join showed 100% instantly (while conversion continued in background) - fixed
MMH DR Calculation: Fails to get DR under specific circumstances - fixed
Atmos Helper Decoding: Issue when decoding multiple folders when files have same names - fixed (users should open a new Decoder Dialog for each folder if duplicate names expected) @zcftr29

Changes:
Split & Join MKV Files tool: Changed name to 'Split & Join Files' and added support to batch join MP4 files creating chapters
MusicBrainz Tagging: Now always saves artwork immediately when double-clicked. Previously saved only if dialog saved
Updated MKVToolnix to 82.0
Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 23.1.7

This build contains some code reorganisation in preparation for MMH 8 to be released in early 2024

Direct link to new 7.1.9 installer:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/MMHInstaller.msi

Last edited:
Many thanks for the update :)

But.... For me it wouldn't auto-update again? Same issue as a few releases ago.. Click Yes to download the new version and you don't see the usual progress bar of the download, however after a minute or so the dialog pops up saying "Do you want to close MMH and update". However, clicking yes doesn't do it, you have to go to the download folder and run the msi file directly..

Trying to Resample , when I select a folder with FLAC files in (or select several files directly) I see the following :
1704454763129.png

But.... For me it wouldn't auto-update again?

What version were you running when you tried the auto-update?

I’ll rebuild the installer, I think that will fix the Resampling error you reported. (That will cause many errors in MMH).

Back