Music Media Helper (Tools for Multichannel Audio & Music Videos)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MMH 8.0.6 beta 1 released:

Version 8.0.6 beta 1 (October 2 2024)
-------------
New:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Added new option to Apply ReplayGain when Output is FLAC, WAV or M4A (option is enabled after split/conversion) @seantro
Channel Remix tool: Added new 9.1.4 channel layout definition to the user defined remix option @AudiophileStyle

Fixes:
Extract Audio from MKV/MKA tool: Converting multiple mp4 files to m4a would fail (deleting input mp4 files) - fixed @spearse

Changes:
MMH Atmos Helper: Decoder: Decoding EAC3 Atmos (Dolby Digital Plus) now has louder decodes** (previous DRP command line argument was ignored) @seantro @himey

Updated 3rd party UI controls to latest 24.1.6
Updated BS1770Gain to 0.8.8

** This also makes the volume levels more consistent for tracks in albums with varying DialNorm settings

The beta 2 installer link:
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh8/beta/MMHInstaller.msi

Last edited:
MMH 8.0.6 beta 2 released:

Version 8.0.6 beta 2 (October 5 2024) change log from 8.0.6 beta 1
-------------
New:
Channel Remix tool: Added support for DSF file channel remixing in User Defined Remix option** @steelydave

**This is quite slow as MMH splits each DSF file into temporary mono files then recreates the DSF file with new channel order. This also supports silent channels creation (MMH creates pure silent dsf channels)

MMH Channel Remix tool already supported pre-defined remixing of dsf files (example: Adding silent channels etc). The new User Defined option allows swapping left rear with right rear etc.

Beta 2 installer link in previous post (above)

Speaking of DSF manipulation with MMH has anyone else ever had problems with 'pops' sometimes introduced by the adding silent channels process to some DSF files?

After googling around I saw this was not entirely uncommon and had come up before in other discussions including related to MMH which I believe uses SoX for this process. I believe root cause of the problem is unfortunately related to SoX and that the developer isn't too keen on helping with DSF issues but wanted to at least ask in case someone who's run into it has some kind of solution.

Specific titles and tracks I've seen the problem with include the recent Billy Joel - Piano Man 4.0 SACD

Where a pop is introduced between the start and end of tracks 01 and 02, 05 and 06, 06 and 07, 08 and 09.

I have some other titles and specific tracks I've seen this with as well including the Audio Fidelity Sly & The Family Stone - Greatest Hits 4.0 SACD and the John McLaughlin - Carlos Santana - Love Devotion Surrender 4.0 SACD

I'm using the below tools to first convert the .iso to .dsf before adding silent center and LFE using MMH.

Thanks for any comments.

HomerJAU, I'd be happy to start another thread on this and/or provide source files if you like.

sacd-ripper

sacd_extract-gui

Last edited:
Speaking of DSF manipulation with MMH has anyone else ever had problems with 'pops' sometimes introduced by the adding silent channels process to some DSF files?

Yes of course. This issue also causes DR miscalculation.

The solution is to use MMH to recreate the silent channel. That removes the audible click and other non audible noise in the SACD ‘silent ‘ channel.

In the MMH Remix Channel Layout tool there is a Refresh option that will do that but it’s based on the number of channels not real silence so it’s left to the user to select the correct refresh option. So if Billy Joel Quad has Quad in a 5.0 file with silent C then use that option, but that option will also load all 5.0 files even files with a real centre, so be careful what you load.

Back