5.1 BD!! "Electric Lady Studios: A Jimi Hendrix Vision" 3CD/1BD box set (Experience Hendrix/Legacy) (3/25/2022)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, all the rest of the tracks are identical to the leaked version! Perfect nulls against the early copy. Someone started over authoring this corrected version. The track splits and exact start and stop times are off by a few samples vs the early version. Nothing that audibly changes the segue timing feel. You simply notice random new splits and sequencing when you go to line them up with the old copy to null test.

When I listen to this with no caveats I think the mixes are pretty great. I called the fidelity "choked" before. That might be a little strong of a word. The original stereo mixes across the 3 albums had notably clearer, brighter sound. The Electric Ladyland 5.1 remix has similar clear, bright sound and lined up more with the original stereo. When you listen to this new collection after either of those it sounds noticeably choked. One wonders if the tapes are just degraded. The mixes are still on point are welcome beyond belief! Pretty obvious why they didn't include the original stereo mixes anywhere in the set with that. Would have called out the remixes as lo-fi next to them and generated questions.

Back to Room Full Of Mirrors. I think this is an upmix too! Just of the original correct mix this time. Silent C channel this time. I want to speculate that the multitracks are in fact missing for this song and their plan was always to upmix it. Someone made a mistake and grabbed that scratch mix of the alternate drum overdub trial mix (the very one from the bonus tracks in the set) instead of the official original final mix. This set was pulled and held back to fix a genuine audio mistake and had nothing to do with legal battles!

This set was pulled and held back to fix a genuine audio mistake and had nothing to do with legal battles!

Requiring 969 days from the time the pre-order appeared on Amazon to delivery? :unsure:
May be more to the story, but the "powers that be" certainly haven't been forthcoming with details.

Grateful for your confirmation there's no further anomalies lurking in the other 19 5.1 tracks.
Good detective work and a happy ending. 🏆

Confirming re Room Full, it’s definitely a completely different mix, if not a different take. I must admit that I never really cared for the song, so I am not an expert on it. But the differences are obvious. Gonna check all my numbers and will follow up.

Original disc 1:21:39
New disc 1:22:15

Going forward, it seems checking the time for track 18, or all 20 together, is the simplest way for anyone nervous about his blu ray to confirm he has the "corrected" official release.
Rather than trying to read matrix numbers. 🔍

Or just listen for Buddy's cowbell. 🐮 🔔

1728496809358.png

1728497207711.png

Requiring 969 days from the time the pre-order appeared on Amazon to delivery? :unsure:
May be more to the story, but the "powers that be" certainly haven't been forthcoming with details.

Grateful for your confirmation there's no further anomalies lurking in the other 19 5.1 tracks.
Good detective work and a happy ending. 🏆

Going forward, it seems checking the time for track 18, or all 20 together, is the simplest way for anyone nervous about his blu ray to confirm he has the "corrected" official release.
Rather than trying to read matrix numbers. 🔍

Or just listen for Buddy's cowbell. 🐮 🔔

View attachment 109948

View attachment 109949
More cowbell, please!

Back