My Radiohead Atmos mixes

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LTW

QQ Supporter
Breaking this discussion from the Kid Amnesia exhibition thread into it's own thread.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...n-and-audio-download.31479/page-2#post-809176
This sub-forum seems the most appropriate.

Inspired by my love of Radiohead and their incredible Kid Amnesia interactive exhibition, I've dug into the stems released with the free game and had a go at mixing the entirety of Kid A in Dolby Atmos. It's a form of upmixing as all that has been available are the stereo mixes and the procedural surround mixes generated by the Exhibition's game engine. I also had to utilize AI separation of the stereo mix extensively to mix two of the songs (Optimistic and Morning Bell) and retrieve elements missing from the Exhibition stems for the rest of the tracks.

Version 1.0 is complete. I even authored a Blu-ray for my own use at home.

bd_menu.PNG
bd_popup.PNG

For the next version I am working on mixes for Pyramid Song (full multitracks from the Exhibition), Nude and Reckoner (whose stems were released back in 2008).

Of course, this kind of project wouldn't be complete without a Blu-ray mockup.
KidA_BD_mockup.jpg

I heard it. It is amazing, not only given the DIY nature, but it's also in the top 20% of mixes in my Atmos world (doesn't hurt that I am a Radiohead fanatic, but that's not always the best audience cuz we tend to be purists). LTW has done a marvelous job, not only with stems but also with AI-derived stereo extractions needed in some cases. Big thumbs up.

Back