New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve ruled out many artists, but I havn’t seen UFO mentioned yet. They’ve got “classic” albums in the quad era. Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have both played their songs live. A “journey” becoming a “mission” suggests space travel (spaceship - UFO). ‘Consequences of dropping this…’ suggests a trip (dropping acid)… back to the space travel thing. Album covers by Hypgnosis (link to Pink Floyd). I can’t seem to work in the ‘truth vs lies’ clue, though.

Anyway, I’d love to hear “Phenomenon”, “Lights Out” or “Strangers in the Night” in surround!

There is a direct link to Pink Floyd...

I'd love to hear gem in surround...of course meticulously produced by David G himself.

It's actually under the Warner / Repeise / Rhino label...but sadly the album itself wasn't popular enough I'm sure
Dreamacademyalbum.jpg

There is a direct link to Pink Floyd...

I'd love to hear gem in surround...of course meticulously produced by David G himself.

It's actually under the Warner / Repeise / Rhino label...but sadly the album itself wasn't popular enough I'm sure
View attachment 107634
They weren't around in the quad era. I think we've established that it's a band from the quad era...?...although O.P. hasn't confirmed this, just hinted at it.

@Bill Hartmann I think doesn't say in which country he lives/works. That might narrow it down a few thousand. lol.
I think the likelihood is it's an English band; given that the people in the clues are all British? But that's just an assumption.

Edit: I was mistaken; Billy Sheehan was born in Buffalo, New York.

Last edited:
@Fourplay & @mandrix

I did a quick search on both of those with varying results (didn't much info on Ten Years After) but puzzled by the Bruce Dickinson/Bill Sheehan link.

I'm beginning to think that this is a bit of a wild goose chase. :rolleyes: :giggle:
I had a good think about all this earlier today, and the Bruce Dickinson/Bill Sheehan link could be something more general, i.e. like just the Heavy Metal genre and nothing more :unsure:

Recap...

In the tradition of Foraging Rhino’s mysterious and tantalizing unveiling of the Rhino Quadio series titles, I will attempt to slowly reveal a new surround title through some sporadic (as time permits) hints. I thoroughly enjoy all the comments, lighthearted bickering and speculation surrounding these discussions. Since the opportunity arose when I received the credible inside information from the artist with whom I am currently working, I couldn’t resist. I will even throw in a copy of the final product when complete to the first person who accurately guesses the artist and title in this thread. This classic title is currently being mixed from the original multitrack master tapes.

So here goes,

Hint #1: This “classic” album has been questioned within this forum as to whether or not it had ever received a quad or any other submersive mix prior. It surprisingly has not.

Not much to go on but enough to start the wheels in motion…
Editors Note...
Just to clarify and not lead anyone astray, the comment in the original post about "start the wheels turning" was not meant nor is a hint. I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path.
I have full authority to reveal the answer. If someone correctly guesses the artist, I will acknowledge it.

Hint #2: What do Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have in common?
To keep everyone on track, [...] It's Bruce Dickinson, the musician.

[N]o hidden meanings in my phrasing. Just bad grammar.
Ahh, It appears that the validity of this thread is in question as well as my integrity. A man of truth would swear he is not lying as would a deceitful liar answer the same. Only you can decide if it is real or just deception.

Herewithin lies Hint #3.

Editors Note...
Just to clarify and not lead anyone astray, the comment in the original post about "start the wheels turning" was not meant nor is a hint. I don't want to lead anyone down the wrong path. However, "Infomas" perceptively did discover an inadvertent hint in that original post.
To keep everyone on track, I am not a musician, I'm a drummer but not one that anyone has ever heard of.
Okay... Following me here. Bill's latest album is called "Just Like Water" (submersive?). The producer/engineer is Zach Ziskin. Zach has produced a Todd Rundgren tribute album. Todd has albums on our lists. So, maybe Something/Anything?
I still think "Submersive" is a clue based on Bill's album "Just Like Water".
https://www.billhartmannmusic.com/

Hint #4:
Consequences of dropping this...

Hint #5:
What once was a journey has now become a mission.

So far, no correct answers for artist or album. I have full authority to reveal the answer. If someone correctly guesses the artist, I will acknowledge it. I am thoroughly enjoying the grammar lessons, no hidden meanings in my phrasing. Just bad grammar. To keep everyone on track, I am not a musician, I'm a drummer but not one that anyone has ever heard of. It's Bruce Dickinson, the musician.
I hope we are all just having fun. There are far less Quadio clues when they are being released and I'm amazed at how you guys always figure them out.

Hint #6:
There is a direct link to Pink Floyd.

Last edited:
The Who - Quadrophenia

Roger Daltrey was on Humanary Stew, along with Bruce Dickinson & Billy Sheehan.

Dave Gilmore played the bus driver on the 1996-97 Quadrophenia tour.

Quadrophenia tells the story of someone on a journey that turns into a kind of mission?

The consequence of dropping this (a hint) is us asking Who it is.

The first track on Quadrophenia is titled "I Am the Sea" and side 3 of the Quadrophenia double album includes the tracks: "Sea and Sand" and "Drowned".

Surprisingly Quadrophenia didn't have a quad release, nor did Tommy, which I remember reading somewhere was the film that spearheaded the development of quadrophonic sound in cinemas, which was then later developed for domestic usage.

Last edited:
The Who - Quadrophenia

Roger Daltrey was on Humanary Stew, along with Bruce Dickinson & Billy Sheehan.

Dave Gilmore played the bus driver on the 1996-97 Quadrophenia tour.

Quadrophenia tells the story of someone on a journey that turns into a kind of mission?

The consequence of dropping this (a hint) is us asking Who it is.

Side 3 of the Quadrophenia double album includes the tracks: "Sea and Sand" and "Drowned".
definitely wouldn’t be this as it received a 5.1 mix and more recently an Atmos mix on Apple Music.

Back