New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Consequences" by Godley & Creme?
Steven Wilson LOVES that record
But it doesn’t fit with the clues?

It has to feature a song that both Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have covered and the artist or album has a direct link to Pink Floyd.

It should be (relatively) easily solvable with that information. If we just list every album that has a song that Bruce Dickinson and/or Billy Sheehan have covered, then the answer should be amongst them.

The strongest clue for which album it is, should be the direct link to Pink Floyd…

…from there it should be possible to work out how the other clues relate to it by working backwards.

So yeah; it should be solvable. You can even find a website with a list of songs that Bruce Dickinson has covered by googling it. It might not be complete but there’s a chance it’s one of them.

I’ve posted the albums I think it could be.

If UFO is on the right track, Possibly The Michael Schenker Group? Billy Sheehan played bass on the demo sessions. Artwork by Hipgnosis.
OP said not UFO: said skherbeck was on the right track but had the wrong artist. 🤷

Last edited:
How about something by Nektar (such as “A Tab in the Ocean”). Billy Sheehan played with the band for a short time. Iron Maiden covered the song “King of Twilight” from the album. Progressive rock like Floyd. “Acid Trip” theme. Quad era with speculation about quad mixes. The band recently had one of their ‘classic’ albums remixed.

Better yet, Billy Sheehan played with Michael Schenker, Michael also played on the Scorpions first album Lonesome Crow. Bruce Dickinson has covered Scorpions songs. And they played for Pink Floyd during the 1990 Wall tour. Also putting the word classic in 'classic album' in quotes makes me think it might not be a big album but one that is less known. Or could just be me desperately hoping for Scorpions lol.

But it doesn’t fit with the clues?

It has to feature a song that both Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have covered and the artist or album has a direct link to Pink Floyd.

It should be (relatively) easily solvable with that information. If we just list every album that has a song that Bruce Dickinson and/or Billy Sheehan have covered, then the answer should be amongst them.

The strongest clue for which album it is, should be the direct link to Pink Floyd…

…from there it should be possible to work out how the other clues relate to it by working backwards.

So yeah; it should be solvable. You can even find a website with a list of songs that Bruce Dickinson has covered by googling it. It might not be complete but there’s a chance it’s one of them.

I’ve posted the albums I think it could be.

OP said not UFO: said skherbeck was on the right track but had the wrong artist. 🤷
Actually here’s the exact clue posted:

“Hint #2: What do Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have in common?”

Doesn’t say anything about a song they have both covered

Actually here’s the exact clue posted:

“Hint #2: What do Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have in common?”

Doesn’t say anything about a song they have both covered
Yeah...only a couple of us already guessed Consequences a few pages back, and after that the OP confirmed that no one had yet guessed correctly.

@skherbeck is on the right track but not the correct artist.
We’ve ruled out many artists, but I havn’t seen UFO mentioned yet. They’ve got “classic” albums in the quad era. Bruce Dickinson and Billy Sheehan have both played their songs live. A “journey” becoming a “mission” suggests space travel (spaceship - UFO). ‘Consequences of dropping this…’ suggests a trip (dropping acid)… back to the space travel thing. Album covers by Hypgnosis (link to Pink Floyd). I can’t seem to work in the ‘truth vs lies’ clue, though.
So...a song that Billy Sheehan & Bruce Dickinson have covered, by an artist that has a direct link to Pink Floyd?

Or maybe I should say: it should be solvable with that information, if it is actually solvable. Edit: …we’re assuming this guy’s legit, but all of this could be a hoax or a prank.

https://www.setlist.fm/stats/covers/bruce-dickinson-63d6ba03.html

https://secondhandsongs.com/artist/31027/all

Last edited:
Better yet, Billy Sheehan played with Michael Schenker, Michael also played on the Scorpions first album Lonesome Crow. Bruce Dickinson has covered Scorpions songs. And they played for Pink Floyd during the 1990 Wall tour. Also putting the word classic in 'classic album' in quotes makes me think it might not be a big album but one that is less known. Or could just be me desperately hoping for Scorpions lol.
You and I are BOTH desperate for classic Scorps in surround. I can only dream....

Unless the session tapes for Side 2 of Aja were found, you can cross that off the list. Elliot Scheiner wanted to do a surround mix early in this century, but he couldn't find all the tapes.
Those tapes aren't missing. The tapes for Black Cow and the title track (both on side 1) are what's missing.

What about the Red Rocker? He's played musical chairs with both Bruce & Billy. Both LP covers Hipgnosis. There are consequences for Cruisin' & Boozin. He once had a journey then he became a man on a mission :)
and the Sammy Hagar paradox LOL
Sammy Hagar - Sammy Hagar
Sammy Hagar - Musical Chairs
I can see him releasing a new mix for the road

I'm adding VOC, Three Locked Box and Standing Hampton just in case it's golden.

Last edited:
Back