New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m on vacation now and trying to sneak these posts in without ignoring my family but the explanation behind how this came to be and the fact that as a community, we may be able to influence the end result of this album is even more exciting. I’ll finish that post soon.
We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you, all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home

Hide it in a hiding place where no one ever goes
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes
It's a little secret, just the QQ's affair
Most of all, you've got to hide it from the kids
Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mr. Hartmann...

Last edited:
I’m on vacation now and trying to sneak these posts in without ignoring my family but the explanation behind how this came to be and the fact that as a community, we may be able to influence the end result of this album is even more exciting. I’ll finish that post soon.
No rush! Enjoy your family. I know i've enjoyed this thread! Thanks for bringing us some joy and intrigue! Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

As obscure as the hints were, I believe you can now see that they were all pertinent to the artist or album. Having no experience with attempting something like this, I found it very difficult even with the fascinating subject matter to come up with hints subtle enough to not be too obvious yet thought provoking enough to engage everyone. I hope I didn’t frustrate anyone too much and I hope you enjoyed the conversations it as much as I have.
If @skherbeck will PM me with your info, I will make sure you get a copy of the final album when released.

Next post will reveal the circumstances surround this little game…
I think you did a great job. Do another if you get the chance.

Hey! 😊 Awesome to hear this is actually legit, I’d never heard of it but just gave it a listen and I’m definitely going to pick up a copy. 👍

I have to admit I was pretty suspicious of you? 😊 I thought there was a good chance you were just trolling the forum but was enjoying playing the game for its own sake regardless. Also having listened to Tab in the Ocean I’m very pleased it’s all on the level. 👍

Also, thanks for the heads up re. “herewithin” 😊 I really need to start fact checking myself. 🤦😊

The clues were pretty hard to get but I guess that’s as it should be, since it means it went to a legitimate fan. In that respect I think they were spot on. 👍

Maybe I should have kept my reasoning to myself: I almost had it. 😛

Anyways…you wrote that we might be able to influence the end product…?…does that extend to the mix itself…?…or just the physical component?

The reason I ask is that there are surround titles that are extremely front-heavy and don’t really provide much more than you can get from a regular file/CD using Dolby’s PLii x…

…is this one going to be a fully immersive mix rather than mainly on the front speakers? Is that something we can influence?

Last edited:
BTW I misspoke. (C.R.S. you know).
Journey To The Center of the Eye was not the LP I picked up in Switzerland, it was Recycled. I'm pretty sure I still have it, amazingly enough. There's a long story there I won't go in to.
If I ever had A Tab In The Ocean I don't recall it.

Well I'm aware of the Berlin School, but Froese playing with Nektar I'm not. I'll give it a good look after I return from the Vet's office today.
Thanks.
I’m only speculating generally here, IDK; perhaps they had mutual admiration or liked that guy “Pink”

Froese passed in 2015 BTW, from what I’ve seen.

This album is great musically and I can’t wait for the release. Not only am I excited that it’s getting a surround mix, but I’m hopeful that this may lead to classic albums by other bands like Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash also getting surround mixes (hope is a beautiful thing 😊)
I'm definitely in for Uriah Heep 👍

This album is great musically and I can’t wait for the release. Not only am I excited that it’s getting a surround mix, but I’m hopeful that this may lead to classic albums by other bands like Uriah Heep and Wishbone Ash also getting surround mixes (hope is a beautiful thing 😊)
I'd be over the moon for Argus.

Last year they did an expensive 50th anniversary limited edition box set.
Double vinyl / 4 CD, with no hi-res, video or surround, but new & alternate stereo masterings.

Iconic Hipgnosis album cover:

1721320036260.png

First four Ash albums in surround would be super cool...as well as early Savoy Brown.

Find myself beside a stream of empty thought
Like a leaf that's fallen to the ground
Carried by the flow of water to my dreams
And woken only by your sound

Alone I've walked this path for many years
Listened to the wind that calls my name
The weeping trees of yesterday that look so sad
Await your breath of spring again

Far beyond the hills where earth and sky will meet again
Are shadows like an opening hand
Control the secrets that I've yet to find and wonder at
The light in which they stand

Hint #6: There is a direct link to Pink Floyd.

Mick Brockett, a full fledged and credited member of the band as their lighting and effects designer had previously worked with Pink Floyd providing the same. A kind of weak hint but accurate just the same.
Some Nektar albums were released in the USA on Import Records, which also released Roger Waters & Ron Geesin's Music From "The Body" after (I assume) the US arm of EMI declined to.

Of course, A Tab in the Ocean was not one of those albums released by Import, so...

Back