New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang. That's too bad. I would also love Face the Music & Eldorado get mixed in 5 1. But none of this will ever happen.

Never say never. A decade ago when Crowded House's catalog was getting an overhaul it was suggested to Neil Finn that the albums all get a 5.1 remix. He shot it down saying he had no interest in surround. Neil has since changed his tune. The latest Crowded House album got 5.1 & Atmos mixes and Neil now says that he is definitely open to surround mixes of the back catalog. Hopefully someday soon Jeff Lynne can have a similar epiphany.

Never say never. A decade ago when Crowded House's catalog was getting an overhaul it was suggested to Neil Finn that the albums all get a 5.1 remix. He shot it down saying he had no interest in surround. Neil has since changed his tune. The latest Crowded House album got 5.1 & Atmos mixes and Neil now says that he is definitely open to surround mixes of the back catalog. Hopefully someday soon Jeff Lynne can have a similar epiphany.
...never say never ... Maybe it's Romeo Void that's getting mixed in 5.1 🤔.
But seriously, you're right. I sure hope he has a change of heart

I'll admit, I don't own this one; but it does have an average vote of an '8' in the Polls 🤷‍♂️
I like it a LOT!

I do too! The surround mix on this one was done by Todd himself. And it's a great later-day album from him. Some folks couldn't get past the pre-programmed drums, but the songwriting is very strong. It's easily my favorite of his 21st century albums.

....and with all this Rundgren talk, this one could be a real mind blower in the hands of the right engineer:

Rundgren_wizard.png

I do too! The surround mix on this one was done by Todd himself. And it's a great later-day album from him. Some folks couldn't get past the pre-programmed drums, but the songwriting is very strong. It's easily my favorite of his 21st century albums.
Right!? I have to go back to 1989's Nearly Human to find one i enjoy as much!

Back