New Mystery Title Due Out Before Christmas 2024

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most recent Remember The Future surround mix was done by, I believe, Ben Wiseman. I hope though that A Tab In The Ocean is mixed in surround by Stephen W. Tayler. He does such fantastic work!

I’m on vacation now and trying to sneak these posts in without ignoring my family but the explanation behind how this came to be and the fact that as a community, we may be able to influence the end result of this album is even more exciting. I’ll finish that post soon.
OK, Bill. As far as I can tell, that was your last post. Crickets now......so what's up with this? (your last post date, July 17th)

I'm assuming it's coming out in the middle of December. Seems like most of the stuff being announced this month is coming out in November so, I am hoping there will be an announcement in a week or two. Little off topic but aren't we due for a CD Japan announcement for a Santana Quad? They usually are released the last week of September or am I off on that.

Borboletta was released in October of 1974, as was Billy Joel's Streetlife Serenade, so their 50th is in a few weeks - maybe they'll announce one (or both) alongside the Santana/Alice Coltrane Illuminations album (not that you'd want that one, the D-V release is practically perfect in every way) which was released in September '74, as was Herbie Hancock's Thrust.

Borboletta was released in October of 1974, as was Billy Joel's Streetlife Serenade, so their 50th is in a few weeks - maybe they'll announce one (or both) alongside the Santana/Alice Coltrane Illuminations album (not that you'd want that one, the D-V release is practically perfect in every way) which was released in September '74, as was Herbie Hancock's Thrust.
No, would not want the $50 dollar version of Illuminations, nor the Streetlife Serenade album again for 50 balloons, which was just about perfect in the AF release.

Yeah I'm happy with all the copies I have of these already too, I was just saying these seem most likely based on the artist lines and 50th anniversaries that Sony Japan has been pursuing the last couple of years. Sort of surprised we didn't get a SACD of Mahavishnu Orchestra's Between Nothingness & Eternity Live for the 50th anniversary late last year either, given that they did Birds of Fire and we know Sony definitely has the quad mix because it was on Tidal in 360RA.

Sort of surprised we didn't get a SACD of Mahavishnu Orchestra's Between Nothingness & Eternity Live for the 50th anniversary late last year either, given that they did Birds of Fire and we know Sony definitely has the quad mix because it was on Tidal in 360RA.
Perhaps Birds of Fire didn't sell well, and they abandoned Mahavishnu Orchestra for this series. For the same reason, we may not see Thrust if Headhunters was a poor seller.

Back