Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, back on topic. My guesses are:
Bette Midler - The Devine Miss 'M'
Herbie Mann - Hold On, I'm Coming
David Gates - First
James Taylor - Gorilla

Any of the above would be absolutely welcomed additions to my library, but at this point, I'll buy every Quadio Blu-ray Rhino has the wherewith-all to release.
If you are correct, I'm in for all this time! 😍

Now, back on topic. My guesses are:
Bette Midler - The Devine Miss 'M'
Herbie Mann - Hold On, I'm Coming
David Gates - First
James Taylor - Gorilla

Any of the above would be absolutely welcomed additions to my library, but at this point, I'll buy every Quadio Blu-ray Rhino has the wherewith-all to release.
i'd buy that batch in a heartbeat!! 💘🙏

putting the somewhat Divisive Miss M. aside for just a sec., 😅 your Herbie Mann selection is a vital live album with an active and immersive mix, David Gates' "First" is an extraordinary record that goes way beyond the scope of any Bread album and not something he repeated in his career (don't get me wrong, i love the "Never Let Her Go" Quad as well but it is far less adventurous than "First" and virtually an EP clocking in at just 27 minutes of music!! 😅 ) and "Gorilla" is imho one of the finest sounding WEA Quad mixes Rhino haven't reissued on Quadio BD already, its beautiful 😍

I would be the most stoked about David Gates. Both of his quad albums are great, almost as good as Bread!
yes! they are wonderful records and quite different from one another as well, they would make a superb 2-fer Quadio if Rhino ever were to go down that road and needed to make certain selections more financially viable 🤞

Based on the glowing pre-reviews I would pick up the Midler and then a few others from the current and prior group to get to the free delivery level. Shelf space, time to listen, and cash are all finite resources of course. Not the biggest fan of Midler but as her most inspirational song from Beaches says “You are the wind between my cheeks…Fly!!” And there goes my cash. Again.

Based on the glowing pre-reviews I would pick up the Midler and then a few others from the current and prior group to get to the free delivery level. Shelf space, time to listen, and cash are all finite resources of course. Not the biggest fan of Midler but as her most inspirational song from Beaches says “You are the wind between my cheeks…Fly!!” And there goes my cash. Again.
All this Midler talk is just talk. We have no idea if she will be part of the next set. :)

Has "Baby I'm A Want You" been released before?

If not, I would think that to be a more-likely/better choice than Gates' album.
It's been on CD many times, starting in about 1991. Many of the tracks on that one are on the "Best of Bread" anyway, but I would like to see it come out in "Quadio" eventually. But don't downplay the Gates solo albums as I have said many times before they are almost as good as the Bread albums!

Just checking and "David Gates" has been released numerous times on CD. "Never Let Her Go" has only been released on CD unofficially and (officially) once by Wounded Bird records.

It's been on CD many times, starting in about 1991. Many of the tracks on that one are on the "Best of Bread" anyway, but I would like to see it come out in "Quadio" eventually. But don't downplay the Gates solo albums as I have said many times before they are almost as good as the Bread albums!

Just checking and "David Gates" has been released numerous times on CD. "Never Let Her Go" has only been released on CD unofficially and (officially) once by Wounded Bird records.
I know it's been on CD before. I was talking about the quad mix.

FR has said the next batch will include albums with mixes not yet released.

Unless the quad mix has been released before, I see no reason why it wouldn't be chosen ahead of the Gates album. His albums may, indeed, be very good but "Baby" would certainly be more of a sure thing for sales.

Screen Shot 2024-06-30 at 1.37.22 PM.png

Figured it was time for another semi-useless hint.
By the way, these are now bumping up to July 27th!

Back