Rhino Quadio Batch 5 for August 2024!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely would not include Summer Breeze in the list of "subpar" recordings. I do believe that that's a Val Garay production & loaded with some of the best studio musicians in the biz--- including much of Toto. I do wish the great "Windflowers" was on that album though. I' bet anyone who has it can confirm it sounds fantastic.

I definitely would not include Summer Breeze in the list of "subpar" recordings. I do believe that that's a Val Garay production & loaded with some of the best studio musicians in the biz--- including much of Toto. I do wish the great "Windflowers" was on that album though. I' bet anyone who has it can confirm it sounds fantastic.
it's not the performances or arrangements of the "Summer Breeze" album i find lacking, it's just a murkier and more midrange-y sounding recording than the pristine sheen of the "Diamond Girl" album which is a real treat for the ears and should sound terrific if it gets the Quadio kid glove treatment πŸ™

I actually can hear the S & C quality difference even on regular streaming. Here's one that surprised me: the early 70s Black Sabbath album Paranoid has been getting raves for its Quadio treatment. Is it really that good?

it's not the performances or arrangements of the "Summer Breeze" album i find lacking, it's just a murkier and more midrange-y sounding recording than the pristine sheen of the "Diamond Girl" album which is a real treat for the ears and should sound terrific if it gets the Quadio kid glove treatment πŸ™
"Summer Breeze" is a stellar recording and mix. Quad opens it up further displaying it's first rate sound quality.

Forgot about that. May have to have that one to my selections because I've heard the drumming in particular on there is just unbelievably great sounding when you have four full-range speakers going.
I play these on a dedicated quad system as such.

I actually can hear the S & C quality difference even on regular streaming. Here's one that surprised me: the early 70s Black Sabbath album Paranoid has been getting raves for its Quadio treatment. Is it really that good?
ahh well.. that's a can of worms i'm unwilling to even shake the tin on at this time, let alone open up! πŸ˜† for the sake of forum harmony, let's just say my response at this moment in time is "Yes" πŸ˜€

Summer Breeze is definitely the warmest sounding of them. But I agree with Freddy, based on the Q4s
oh for sure! πŸ˜„ it's a warm Summer breeze alright! πŸ’¨πŸ”₯πŸ˜‹ there's nothing badly wrong with it, it just has less of the sparkling clarity that i automatically think of when turning to their subsequent albums, especially the divine "Diamond Girl" πŸ’ŽπŸ’ƒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸ€©

at the risk of getting leapt on by the anti-Bette brigade..! πŸ‘€πŸ˜† i should like to say that "The Divine Miss M." is for me another quite murky and mid-rangey sounding old WEA Quad but i would still love it on Quadio as much as i enjoy the Quadio BDs of the likes of "Red Octopus", "Summer Breeze", "Nightmares..." (y)

at the risk of getting leapt on by the anti-Bette brigade..! πŸ‘€πŸ˜† i should like to say that "The Divine Miss M." is for me another quite murky and mid-rangey sounding old WEA Quad but i would still love it on Quadio as much as i enjoy the Quadio BDs of the likes of "Red Octopus", "Summer Breeze", "Nightmares..." (y)

Bette Midler Admits Plastic Surgery On Face At CDGA Awards: Photo ...

The Divine one replies: Murky and Mid~Rangey, Adam: ANYTHING BUT!

Back