Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we should restore some dignity to this thread...I mean it's getting a little "slutty
FYI, Sir Clint, over the years a lot of 'slutty' things did occur in Barns!

Brunette cowgirl Alison is eager for wild sex in the barn - AnySex.com ...

HAY, Jude

back from the flames. Been a tradition for many years. we have an Ag / Greenhouse company down the road. A Really Big One. Every Fourth they have an employee party with one of the best fireworks show around. Dont even want to know what they spend !! Its A LOT !!. Me and Mrs get on our bikes and ride around the corner to the ridge and watch the show from a hill . It never disappoints.
Last time for that tradition

actually - Ricky and Mrs Cbmmm3 were out at the job site - in the humid heat - with chainsaws. Killing and chopping some crappy trees to open up view in rear of property to the hills and fields behind us. Fully clothed in the heat to protect from the evil Ivy. We kicked butt - shoulda took a pic. Perhaps tomorrow
Now enjoying a beer and listening to Song For America by Kansas. Tired as hell. May skip the fireworks tonite
Yuck, Ricky.
Well there's a combination I can well relate to:
Heat
Chainsaws
Poison Ivy/Poison Oak
Makes for a fun day.
Here we have so many kinds of vines growing that you don't always spot the poison ivy in the midst of it. Heck we have wild grape that can get as big as your wrist.

Yuck, Ricky.
Well there's a combination I can well relate to:
Heat
Chainsaws
Poison Ivy/Poison Oak
Makes for a fun day.
Here we have so many kinds of vines growing that you don't always spot the poison ivy in the midst of it. Heck we have wild grape that can get as big as your wrist.
yup. same vine situation here Boonie. we're getting pretty good at knowing the evil Ivy vines versus the wild grape. that wild grape - that shit is soo invasive and grows so damn fast. it literally climbs up a tree and kills it !!

I have photos of my parents with people that I have no idea who they are. Both my parents are long time gone so will never know.
I digitized hundreds of pics and sent to my Daughter years ago so she would have them in a convenient format.
I saved many photos on floppy disks. Now I have nothing that can read them. Those manufactures making profit instead of compatibility struck again.

I have AirEquipt slide magazines with 1000s of pics from my Grandpa and Grandma. I kid you not.
I need a viewer to see this treasure trove. Looked on Ebay. Any suggestions ?

I have AirEquipt slide magazines with 1000s of pics from my Grandpa and Grandma. I kid you not.
There are scanners made to convert slides to digital. I did all my dad’s slides about 15 years ago. They work pretty well and the results were decent.

I saved many photos on floppy disks. Now I have nothing that can read them. Those manufactures making profit instead of compatibility struck again.
I made it a point when floppies were evolving to keep my files on media that I could read. I still have a 3-1/2” reader, just in case I run across a disc. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always mean the files can actually be used. I recall a lot of pictures with .mac extensions that are useless, AFAIK. And lots of .exe files that were made for 8-bit machines.

I convertad all of my slides and negatives with a HP flatbed scanner. It came with racks to put about 30 slides on the bed at a time. I scanned them at high enough resolution that I could end up with 4k images, which I figure is totally adequate for anything I’ll ever need.

It probably took the scanner 90 minutes to do those 30 slides, but I didn’t have to monitor it while it was working. Same with the negatives.

I did the same thing for my niece a year or so ago. She had an envelope full of negatives that took me about a week to scan. Again, the machines do all the work, you just have to tell it what to do.

My only beef with the scanner is that the glass is only 9” wide, which means you can’t do an album cover.

My only beef with the scanner is that the glass is only 9” wide, which means you can’t do an album cover.
Even our A3 photocopiers at work can't scan album covers unless I split them into two. I then use software intended for panorama photo stitching to put the two halves together. You may be able to do album covers a similar way split into four with your scanner.

I have three boxes of photos from my mom, who passed away in April. There are a few annotations on some of them, but a lot of them are going to be pictures of people I don't know.

It's a winter project to scan them and put any of those notes in the metadata, then pass them (in USB sticks) to her granddaughters.
I have hundreds of photos and slides of parents, grandparents even great grandparents. But I am an only child, have no children with present or previous(deceased) wife so no one who wants any of it. Current wife is only child also. I left a note in my will, that they can either dumpster it all or throw it in my coffin and I'll take it with me! Maybe some future archeologist with get a kick out of it!
Remember they used to say "digital will last forever" So what if no one keeps it on a current media.

Back