Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have three boxes of photos from my mom, who passed away in April. There are a few annotations on some of them, but a lot of them are going to be pictures of people I don't know.
My mum is 80. She's the only one in the family who recognises most of the people in all the various old photos we have, including on my dad's side. I keep urging her to write on them on the back, or on separate notes, who all these people are. But she never does, and so the information will die with her.

I dunno, but folks from that generation, and older often wrote on photographs about who and sometimes when. My grandma was an avid photo taker, and thank god, she wrote who folks were, even if it were her. Those photos have been passed on to me (my dad is dead). No chance I would recognize my grandma as a teenager unless the photo told me so.

Now, if she had simply wrote "me".....hmmm. Not sure how that would translate.
My folks did the same thing...and "back in the day" the photos would have the date printed on the back of the photo..

Meanwhile Ricky is grilling the burgers and the dogs and celebrating. :SB
actually - Ricky and Mrs Cbmmm3 were out at the job site - in the humid heat - with chainsaws. Killing and chopping some crappy trees to open up view in rear of property to the hills and fields behind us. Fully clothed in the heat to protect from the evil Ivy. We kicked butt - shoulda took a pic. Perhaps tomorrow
Now enjoying a beer and listening to Song For America by Kansas. Tired as hell. May skip the fireworks tonite

a pic of the room. The AV Room. prior to AV rough in on Monday / Tuesday and maybe Wednesday
345avroom.jpg

Back