Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bro In Law came out today with his drone. First time I drove a drone---cool shit !! We bombed and strafed the 'hood. ( kidding folks - just kidding )
View attachment 107319
Yikes, I thought it was an aerial shot taken by our beloved Owen Smith who somehow managed to comandeer the gyrocopter from The Road Warrior

Pictures of Bruce Spence

Even our A3 photocopiers at work can't scan album covers unless I split them into two. I then use software intended for panorama photo stitching to put the two halves together. You may be able to do album covers a similar way split into four with your scanner.
I have set up a sort of copy stand so I can use my digital camera (better than the one in my phone) to take pictureas of album covers. I should probably use my DSLR, although it’s old enough (and I haven’t used it in ages) that it might be low on pixel count. I recently put my music lasersisc collection on discogs, and I won’t brag about the autofocus’s consistency. Interesting how few laserdiscs were up on discogs - and some of those track listings took time!

Nine years ago, I digitized an LP my high school class made and put it on a CD for the 50-year reunion. Fortunately, the cover was basically two blocks of solid color with writing (Panther Echoes) not precisely lined up. I sacnned the two sections for the writing and recreated the color blocks. The artist for the cover was at the reunion, and she said I did well.

The back cover had three or four pictures on it, and I scanned them individually, retyping the text. I think it came out pretty good, and I was able to correct a few issues in the recording. I have better tools and more skills than any of us did in 1965.

I have hundreds of photos and slides of parents, grandparents even great grandparents. But I am an only child, have no children with present or previous(deceased) wife so no one who wants any of it. Current wife is only child also. I left a note in my will, that they can either dumpster it all or throw it in my coffin and I'll take it with me! Maybe some future archeologist with get a kick out of it!
Remember they used to say "digital will last forever" So what if no one keeps it on a current media.
I hear you. My wife is an only child and we don’t have kids. My only sister had two, but she has only one grandchild who most likely won’t reproduce, so my parents’ gene pool looks like a dead-end. Mom had a fair amount of stuff from her mother, and I have a cousin with grandkids who are into family artifacts, so she got a lot of that stuff when mom died.

Once I complete that scanning, I’ll send a set to that cousin, and she can do whatever she wants with it. She’s interested in what our grandma had, and I believe a lot of those photos will have stuff in them that will be relevant to her. But if not, that’s OK, too.

Thought I'd pass this along to you Ricky. It might be of interest....

From The Digital Bits.....

Also today, a quick public service announcement: Don’t forget that our friends at The Screening Room A/V in Colorado Springs are offering great deals on A-stock JVC 4K projectors. They just bought all the remaining inventory of discontinued JVC DLA-RS4100 (aka the NZ9) and DLA-RS3100 (aka the NZ8) projectors from one of JVC’s biggest distributors and they’re passing on special closeout pricing. Only limited quantities remain of the following two models:

• The flagship JVC DLA-RS4100/NZ9—List price $25,999, special closeout pricing $16500 EFT shipped
  • Step down JVC DLA-RS3100/NZ8—List price $15999, special closeout pricing $9999 EFT shipped

These are all BRAND NEW A-stock units with a full three year advanced replacement warranty. As noted, these are all on final closeout, so once they’re gone, they’re gone.

And they have the entry level JVC projector, the DLA-RS1100/NP5, on sale thru August 31, 2024 at $4799, down from $5999! This is an amazing projector, which I can attest personally, as it’s the one I’m using here at Digital Bits HQ. If you’re interested in any of these units, reach out to The Screening Room A/V via their website or [email protected]. And tell ‘em The Bits sent you.

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/070824-1530

the Ceiling speaker boxes are now installed
Are those the speakers and the sound comes out of the holes? If not, what are the dark boxes and the wood with the holes in for? I can't get my head round what I'm looking at.

I see also one of my dad's pet hates, namely someone using screws that are too long and stick all the way out of the other side of the timber they've been screwed into.

Are those the speakers and the sound comes out of the holes? If not, what are the dark boxes and the wood with the holes in for? I can't get my head round what I'm looking at.

I see also one of my dad's pet hates, namely someone using screws that are too long and stick all the way out of the other side of the timber they've been screwed into.
Owen
As mentioned, they are the 'boxes' ( I.E - think "enclosure" ) The wood with the holes are protectors that come off once we install the actual speakers in the boxes.

Owen
As mentioned, they are the 'boxes' ( I.E - think "enclosure" ) The wood with the holes are protectors that come off once we install the actual speakers in the boxes.
I see cardboard over the blue boxes to keep future insulation out? But suggest you wrap each box with foil tape like used on AC ducts to seal all holes from air infiltration. Or you can use spray foam, but messier to work with in case of future changes. What lighting control are you using? You can get 120v RGBW Mi lights with screw in bases and RF control.

I see cardboard over the blue boxes to keep future insulation out? But suggest you wrap each box with foil tape like used on AC ducts to seal all holes from air infiltration. Or you can use spray foam, but messier to work with in case of future changes. What lighting control are you using? You can get 120v RGBW Mi lights with screw in bases and RF control.

You picked that out? Well, it is said that the devil is in the details.

Bigger question, where is the AC power for the projector? You don't want that in the same conduit as the video.
Bigger question; How many seats? Is there a riser/second row? Where are we all gonna sit when we have our annual QQ meeting there?
Need to get this organized. Looks like finished by fall. I'll bring the popcorn. Now who will sign up for the beer, pizza, and munchies? I guess cots for sleepover in garage?

Back