Ricky's Audio Video Barn Build Project

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the difference between particle board & OSB?
Particle board is basically sawdust and glue. OSB is wood fibers. Clear as mud, right? lol. Both are sound structurally. Particle board is subject to disintegrate with the introduction of excessive moisture.
To whit: I had a Van I fixed up inside decades ago. (Think mid 70's) My Daughter's baby bottle leaked on the particle board and basically dissolved it.
I replaced the flooring with plywood.

Back to the Ricky Barn
- I will be talking to the Audio Video subcontractor on Monday to establish Install Schedule. Its looking like the first few weeks of November.
That is when this Thread's rubber meets the road
You will come to know...when the rubber meets the road. (Meanwhile Peggy Lee is coming on strong). cough, cough hack.
Glad to hear things are moving along, Sir.

If y'all are talking so much much about being one toke over the line, maybe we should start an official QQ thread called Tokeymor Field.

Well, probably not. Still, great song:

Who's one toke over the line? Where's the line? Did you do a line? Is the madman black or are the windows painted?
Will Ricky have windows in the audio room???

If y'all are talking so much much about being one toke over the line, maybe we should start an official QQ thread called Tokeymor Field.

Well, probably not. Still, great song:

You can't help but feel happy listening to Klaatu. The same way you can't help feeling depressed listening to Roger Waters.

One hitter all I have these days, and a mega rolling machine.
funny you say this Boonie. we are packing up for our move to new location. Mrs and I decided to throw out the bong. And we threw out some old weed.
But not the Frisbee. Never the Frisbee !! I mean - that dog found fun in the seeds and stems !!

New bong on the horizon

funny you say this Boonie. we are packing up for our move to new location. Mrs and I decided to throw out the bong. And we threw out some old weed.
But not the Frisbee. Never the Frisbee !! I mean - that dog found fun in the seeds and stems !!

New bong on the horizon
Threw out weed! Blasphemy! I confess I have not owned a bong in a very very long time. I'm a teetotaler compared to my younger days.
I hit a little for stress relief, but yet to find any that helps pain. Yet my Doc says it's out there. IDK.
What is remarkable (to me, 'cause I know nothing) we have sheriff's in FL coming out for the vote on legalizing weed, VS what they say is fentanyl laced weed. I would not know about all that as all mine is med grade. But that's scary if that's happening. And dangerous.
Back in the day I smoked opiated hash in Nam a few times, and the infusion of extra chemicals into smoke was about too much for me. Weed was dirt cheap though not that strong.
Not so much a pot head these days. Like I say, I do it for stress in small quantities because it reduces the urge to choke the living... well never mind! ;)

Particle board is basically sawdust and glue. OSB is wood fibers. Clear as mud, right? lol. Both are sound structurally. Particle board is subject to disintegrate with the introduction of excessive moisture.
To whit: I had a Van I fixed up inside decades ago. (Think mid 70's) My Daughter's baby bottle leaked on the particle board and basically dissolved it.
I replaced the flooring with plywood.

3/4" AC plywood, baby. Can't beat it. :)

OK, so I'm asking for trouble by asking this....

We hired a local contractor to install OSB in our garage. (Walls)

He installed it rough side out. Reading online, in that case he should have installed smooth side out, if we want to paint it.

We do.

Now what?
I would spread spackle or drywall compound over the OSB. That will fill in the voids of the texture. It does mean sanding and that means dust, but there are sanders that hook up to a shop vac that reduce dust by about 95%. The remaining 5% is still significant, but a helluva lot better than not using it.

If you spray, how do you control the spray hitting areas higher? (and looking like shit) Oh, and lower towards the floor.
I’ve seen painters cover an entire room wall in about 15 seconds. They have a big flat sheet on a pole that an assistant holds up to the ceiling and masks it from the overspray. Pretty sure there’s a video on YT.

Back