Dream Theater - Parasomnia (Atmos!) - Feb 7

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait to get excited until I found out who mixed it. A View From the top of the World was pretty weak with completely brick walled Left/Right channels. Distance Over Time was better, but far from outstanding. I know metal is more difficult to create an effective surround mix with so much noise going on, but there are some brilliant opportunities with a band like Dream Theater.

I'll wait to get excited until I found out who mixed it. A View From the top of the World was pretty weak with completely brick walled Left/Right channels. Distance Over Time was better, but far from outstanding. I know metal is more difficult to create an effective surround mix with so much noise going on, but there are some brilliant opportunities with a band like Dream Theater.
I concur.

I remember getting Peter Gabriel's I/O with Blu-Ray for $25 off Amazon an year ago.

Dream Theater's new album is double that price.

Both are three discs in total.

In DT’s defence this is an artbook so not the same as i/o, artbooks always cost a good bit more
oh boy, my bad, I swear I saw a CD case size edition with Blu-Ray as well.

I personally stopped buying into "art books", and now there's a greater chance it's going to be a bunch of AI generated images taking up more real estate space.

The single “Night Terror” is absolutely killer. I’ve been a bit bored by their last two albums, but this sounds fresh and engaging. I’m unlikely to buy a boxed set, though, given the lackluster surround mixes on their last couple of releases. I might risk a stand alone surround release…
I agree, it sounds super to my ears!

Back