Room Correction: How, why, where?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...I like how my rig sounds right now with Audyssey room correction cut off at 500 Hz; and any attempts at further tweeks are more likely to screw things up.

You are probably well above your Schroeder Frequency with that 500 Hz cut off. Have you tried lowering it to 300 Hz or even 200 Hz?

I probably couldn't tell the difference but would rest easier knowing I was closer to the SF.

You are probably well above your Schroeder Frequency with that 500 Hz cut off. Have you tried lowering it to 300 Hz or even 200 Hz?

I probably couldn't tell the difference but would rest easier knowing I was closer to the SF.

I started the cut off at 300 Hz and then pushed it up to 500 Hz. I could not tell the difference, so I just kept it at 500 Hz.

A couple of days before I have asked about experience of users with Dolby Atmos Target Curve by calibration with Audyssey. It led to a nice discussion about using a Target Curve, with interesting opinions.
I posses a Denon AVR x6700h with only Audyssey calibration software. For Audissey I used the app multeq. For this software has someone in Germany write a fantastic script for dummies to calibrate in combination with REW. Have a look at YouTube with A1 EVO.

I am known a little about the discussion between Dirac and Audyssey. But users of the script are very happy with the outcomes. You can read it in the reactions on you tube or on AVS forum.

This is the Dolby Atmos Music Target curve for my room.

Attachments

• Dolby Atmos Target Curve 20240803.png
    Dolby Atmos Target Curve 20240803.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 1
A couple of days before I have asked about experience of users with Dolby Atmos Target Curve by calibration with Audyssey. It led to a nice discussion about using a Target Curve, with interesting opinions.
Hi Peeties.
Thanks for your posting!
There has been a trend in DRC discussions by some to portray Audyssey room correction as junk, something it definitely is not. Of the many configurations available Dirac has some forms that are much advanced compared to Audyssey, and you'll pay a pretty penny for it too. There are many other forms of DRC available to try, some very expensive. some very difficult to learn.
Audyssey offers a free to very inexpensive alternatives.
Just sayin

Back