"Santana" SACD out in September from Sony Japan (!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As long as I get mine before Christmas.......and before Santana III is for sale at CDJapan

Lest we forget, Jeffie, they have to EXPORT IT from Japan first before they IMPORT it @ ImportCD!

See the source image

But RALPHIE.....shouldn't they get it about the same time we did, especially since they are a major WHOLESELLER, if not sooner?

As with even AmazonUK, discs manufacturered in other countries usually have releases first in their country of origin and then make their way to U.S. retailers.

That's always the way it was ..... and will be ..... unfortunately. Just like RHINO released the Doobies Quadio boxset excusively from their website first and then to general retailers 2 months later.

As with even AmazonUK, discs manufacturered in other countries usually have releases first in their country of origin and then make their way to U.S. retailers.

That's always the way it was ..... and will be ..... unfortunately. Just like the RHINO website released the Doobies Quadio boxset excusively from their website first and then to general retailers 2 months later.
I get that, but if WE CONSUMERS can get it "SANTANA" from Japan this early, than IMPORTS should be able to as well, if not earlier....THAT IS MY POINT

I get that, but if WE CONSUMERS can get it "SANTANA" from Japan this early, than IMPORTS should be able to as well, if not earlier....THAT IS MY POINT

In theory, yes but in releasing it first in the country of origin, it's a great ploy to encourage purchasing it from Japan [ever hear of Nationalism] and then delaying the release in other countries by a few weeks.

And with this pandemic thingy doubtful Sony Japan would employ expedited shipping to the states as it would be costly as their prices to other retailers are predicated on a wholesale level.

In theory, yes but in releasing it first in the country of origin, it's a great ploy to encourage purchasing it from Japan [ever hear of Nationalism] and then delaying the release in other countries by a few weeks.

And with this pandemic thingy doubtful Sony Japan would employ expedited shipping to the states as it would be costly as their prices to other retailers are predicated on a wholesale level.
BUY JAPANESE!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Me too! Me too!
Although the email shows a lower amount paid then my order does and also mentions Santana with the isley brothers......good god what am I going to get in the mail?

Me too! Me too!
Although the email shows a lower amount paid then my order does and also mentions Santana with the isley brothers......good god what am I going to get in the mail?

Import CD usually doesn't include the additional s/h and local sales tax charges on their emails, Jeff.

Back