Santana "Welcome" 7-inch Sony Japan MultiCh SACD coming November 29th, 2023

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm sort of surprised they haven't announced Borboletta yet, but they have occasionally been late in the past. Maybe they'll announce it at the same time as the Santana/Alice Coltrane Illuminations album.

Both Amigos (from 1976) and Festival (from 1977) are fake quad mixes, I have no interest in either of those.
I still love the music on Festivál, probably more so than Amigos. The main songs on Amigos, IMO- 'Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile)' & 'Dance Sister Dance (Baila Mi Hermana)' were much more energetic and polished on their live 1977 double album 'Moonflower'; perhaps my fav. Santana album, but sadly too late for the Quad craze. It would have been far better than that anemic Quad offering of 'Lotus'.

I'm wondering (insanely perhaps) if there could be the Amigos and Festivál albums re-mixed for Quad or even Atmos? Maybe only if Sony releases faith in, and quietly submits defeat for its ill gotten child "360 Reality Audio!"

Back