Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually, they err on the side of asking which part of Great Britain are you from. Then you can lie and tell her that you are from Canada. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
giphy.webp

WHAT the...?
dumb-and-dumber-lovely-accent.gif

I meant McKenzie not McCartney. Sorry, eh!

bobdoug3.jpg

I'd never seen this promo for their movie Strange Brew.

Now I need to get a Canadian Fog winter coat. :LOL:

I was about twelve when I got their album The Great White North (on Anthem Records of course) and played it often.

Classic SCTV greatness!!

That and John Candy and Eugene Levy's spoof of The Last Waltz titled The Last Polka. SCTV was my gateway to sketch comedy before I discovered Monty Python's Flying Circus three years later. That totally changed my life.

grokker 6 hours ago edited
If Sony beats LG by a narrow margin, but costs in excess of 50% more, the choice is pretty clear...
(I don't even consider Samsung for the matte screen.)

AGREE with comment above.

The truth is so hard to deny.
The answer is here
The screen never lies.
Black and White Television.
It's the right television.
Show me it's all a dream tonight.
That is fair to say on a financial basis....in most cases the differences are small....for me...coming from a plasma background...picture processing is of paramount importance...specifically motion processing...Sony wins that battle every time...sometimes by a small margin...but other times it sticks out like a sore thumb to me....I wouldn't have a Samsung if someone gave one to me...the company is as dirty as it comes...just within the last year they got caught manipulating a TV to boost the black levels...just like VW did with emission outputs on their diesel engines...they buy up as much retail space in stores to flood the inventory with their product...when plasma was in it's infancy as a technology...screen burn in was a major problem on the early models...Samsung's approach was to blame it's customers for the problem and wouldn't honor their "so called warranty"...Pioneer and Panasonic chose to work on the problem...at that time I did a lot of research on Samsung...there was so much corruption in South Korea directly linked to Samsung...many officials stated that Samsung was the government...one writer compared the Lee family with the fictional Corleones in the Godfather..

Back