Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally stopped raining here, still having gusts of wind..I know there is flooding here...I'm in a concrete block condo built in the 70's...it is built like a tank...I'm on the top floor...so no flooding for me...a lot of things are closed tomorrow...flooded streets and property damage(trees on top of cars)

Finally stopped raining here, still having gusts of wind..I know there is flooding here...I'm in a concrete block condo built in the 70's...it is built like a tank...I'm on the top floor...so no flooding for me...a lot of things are closed tomorrow...flooded streets and property damage(trees on top of cars)
Glad you are well. Keep us posted and . . . Stay Surrounded, Comrade!

Pleasure trip? Post some pics!
OK, some pics. But only because you asked!

1. You ain’t nothin’ but a (metal) hound dog (the canine version of the pissing boy and girl in Brussels).
2. Bioreactors - the tallest towers - at Ghent steel mill (engineered by my wife’s company, bacteria ferments off-gases - CO, H2, CO2 - to ethanol).
3. My wife, carrying an Olympic torch, for … somebody (maybe a Star Wars character).
4. Arc de Triomphe with low-carbon steel symbols for the Paralympics
5. Freddie Mercury (actually Turkey’s Rayan Dutra) after warming up for acrobatic trampoline.

IMG_3006.jpeg
IMG_9696.jpeg
IMG_1044.jpeg
IMG_9738.jpeg

IMG_9705.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9716.jpeg
    IMG_9716.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You know @zdjh22 , I spent most of my career with companies that either designed, built or owned ugly looking chemical / power plants; but I must say that this bioreactor plant has a nice artistic form to it. Alan Parsons could probably make a nice album about it. Nice pic.

View attachment 108223
The cover of I Robot was taken in the airport in Paris, a few years ago I was on the elevators in the tubes when I had a feeling of Deja Vu, then realised where I knew the clear tubes from!

Last edited:
Way back in 1995 I was on a work trip, and was in New Orleans, I asked for a cup of tea and was baffled when I got a glass of iced tea!
Was it pre-sweetened with about six teaspoons of sugar?
They call that "sweet tea," some places it's difficult to get a glass of plain un-sugared "iced" tea.
Over here in the colonies, "iced" tea is not in common usage, even though proper English.
Much too hoity-toity.
One says "ice tea," old sport. 🧐

Was it pre-sweetened with about six teaspoons of sugar?
They call that "sweet tea," some places it's difficult to get a glass of plain un-sugared "iced" tea.
Over here in the colonies, "iced" tea is not in common usage, even though proper English.
Much too hoity-toity.
One says "ice tea," old sport. 🧐
............. and the waitress in the restaurant asked which part of Australia I came from! I mean old chap its just not cricket :D and I'm Scottish (though I did lose the accent after living in England since I was 5)

............. and the waitress in the restaurant asked which part of Australia I came from! I mean old chap its just not cricket :D and I'm Scottish (though I did lose the accent after living in England since I was 5)
Usually, they err on the side of asking which part of Great Britain are you from. Then you can lie and tell her that you are from Canada. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back