Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey gang, while I don't have any specific information from @mandrix, based on what I read on the web, his area was slammed pretty hard. :( Let's pray he's OK, and he didn't sustain too much damage to his property.
Heard from him indirectly this morning. He reports that he is still alive & well, but with no power or internet. No other details, but seems like he's in good humor.

image.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9896.jpeg
    4.4 MB
Still Alive And Well.
Every now and then I know it's kind of hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well..

We DD'd out to 100+ miles night of Helene's CAT 4 winds before we could find a room. Even then, the wind rattled the door all night and I did not sleep though my wife an furry guys did.
House sustained damage with a huge pine tree snapping in half and hitting the roof. My stepson drove up from Vero Beach and patched the holes with some roofing tar.
The electrical weather head was broken by a 40 ft tall poplar tree which also hit my shop. Could not find a replacement locally so my Daughter drove one up from Bradenton this morning, and the electrician replaced it this afternoon. Still waiting on the power company to reconnect the lines....so as Clint said, on generator power...though a very old and ailing one.
=========================
Random thoughts after the crisis/fables from the reconstruction, in no particular order. Careful: strangeness PERMEATES.

Permanating?

If Nick Begs had a sugly ister, but played the bass as well as he, could you love her?

Can you have too many chainsaws?

Where are the Quaaludes?

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. I love my QQ family, big as the sky.

Still Alive And Well.
Every now and then I know it's kind of hard to tell, but I'm still alive and well..

We DD'd out to 100+ miles night of Helene's CAT 4 winds before we could find a room. Even then, the wind rattled the door all night and I did not sleep though my wife an furry guys did.
House sustained damage with a huge pine tree snapping in half and hitting the roof. My stepson drove up from Vero Beach and patched the holes with some roofing tar.
The electrical weather head was broken by a 40 ft tall poplar tree which also hit my shop. Could not find a replacement locally so my Daughter drove one up from Bradenton this morning, and the electrician replaced it this afternoon. Still waiting on the power company to reconnect the lines....so as Clint said, on generator power...though a very old and ailing one.
Random thoughts after the crisis/fables from the reconstruction, in no particular order. Careful: strangeness PERMEATES.

Permanating?

If Nick Begs had a sugly ister, but played the bass as well as he, could you love her?

Where are the Quaaludes?

Seriously, we're all so grateful you are OK. Damage to your property? Honestly sucks, I was wondering about your pond.

Still Alive And Well.

Permanating?

Where are the Quaaludes?

Great to see you back on the boards--and not too much the worse for wear! I don't want to steal @Clement's thunder, but...we got you Surrounded. And I'm confident you'll stay that way.

Seriously, we're all so grateful you are OK. Damage to your property? Honestly sucks, I was wondering about your pond.

I lost one Koi, not sure about the goldfish yet. Little suckers are too elusive to get a good head count. I started with 20 comets/goldfish and added 3 koi.
Prior to DD'ing out day of, I had covered the pond with some netting I had made up years ago, to try and keep the leaf/limb incursion down. I go out and dip the pond for leaves periodically: work in progress.

Great to see you back on the boards--and not too much the worse for wear! I don't want to steal @Clement's thunder, but...we got you Surrounded. And I'm confident you'll stay that way.
Thanks. I know I've said before, but QQ'rs really are like family to me. We don't all agree on everything, but who would have it otherwise?

Back