Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least for the next 2 weeks, my travels have come to a crashing halt. I've visited all the damn soybean plots I can across the US....now many, if not most, are being harvested.

How do I go from 200 mph, to 20 mph? Seriously...it's a mind fuq. I'm home tomorrow, talking to a guy who is working on our garage. How do I talk? English? Broken sentences? I'm so used to my own company, alone in the truck for hours and hours. I don't think I can talk.

lmao

At least for the next 2 weeks, my travels have come to a crashing halt. I've visited all the damn soybean plots I can across the US....now many, if not most, are being harvested.

How do I go from 200 mph, to 20 mph? Seriously...it's a mind fuq. I'm home tomorrow, talking to a guy who is working on our garage. How do I talk? English? Broken sentences? I'm so used to my own company, alone in the truck for hours and hours. I don't think I can talk.

lmao
Well you can just wind down slowly...tell your wife that you need to unwind by staying in your truck until it get's dark and then pretend you are at a motel..

lmao
you need Babble on your phone

lmao
Gene...maybe say something like 'What do you think of them-there Bears'!😯.... then give 'em a blank stare.....😡

Last edited:

lmao
You sound like a veteran coming home from the front. If you need some action, go spend some time in Florida. ;)

lmao
Wh at da? da w atts? Beer? da Bears? W alk? W ire? W hee l?
andy-kaufman-letterman.gif

I am slowly falling under the belief that placing importance on the quality of an experience is an antiquated practice according to the general populace. As long as you can see and hear things, who cares?
Well, both my sight and my hearing are suffering some of the ravages of age, so the fact that I still can see and hear is something I appreciate.

Not that I’m discounting the value of a better experience over a worse one, though. I’ve had a handful of experiences that were simply magical - the chorus in the balcony at a performance of β€œThe Planets,” the milky way at Chaco Canyon National Park, petting a tiger at the Texas Exotic Feline Foundation, a week in Cabo before it got so over commercialized. These are memories I will treasure for as long as the brain cells allow, and I’m always looking for the magic to show up again.

Well, both my sight and my hearing are suffering some of the ravages of age, so the fact that I still can see and hear is something I appreciate.
I think the deterioration of senses to age is inevitable...but it seems like all the youngsters have no regard for the quality of what goes in their (relatively) perfect sight or ears...

Well I don't know if this is a new thing or not. But it certainly seems like a new thing!

I think the deterioration of senses to age is inevitable...but it seems like all the youngsters have no regard for the quality of what goes in their (relatively) perfect sight or ears...

Well I don't know if this is a new thing or not. But it certainly seems like a new thing!
LOL! I recall more than a few times being in the presence of someone wearing headphone and just the leakage made conversations difficult. I can’t imagine what it sounded like between the cans.

Not to say that I’m always careful with my own body. I’ve fired some pretty big weapons, hit my thumb with a hammer, fallen off bicycles, got sunburned, and even had unsafe sex whenever possible.

While there are plenty of studies that can teach us activities to avoid, most of them are things that bring joy to our lives.

I've done EVERYTHING that's bad for the human bodyπŸ˜… during my lifetime. And I love πŸ₯“........................40ys as a Steamfitter/welder has broken down my body and eyesight. Welding is tough on the eyes, even though I personally bought the best Welding lenses, and not use the cheap green contractor supplied ones. My vision was 2000/20!
I had the Pan Opic replacement lenses put in. I can honestly say, the best $$ I ever spent, as I now have 20/20 vision

It's always funny when my group goes to lunch and everybody puts on their reading glasses, to read the menus.
New people in the group can't believe this old man can read that fine printπŸ˜‚

My new neighbor, a youngster, spends every non working hour sitting in his garage with music BLASTING. I hear the beat of bass in his car coming down the street.
But when he cuts the grass, he has on:
Hearing protection
Safety glasses
Dust 😷 mask
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah, he'll be a hearing aid candidate in a few years πŸ™„

Back