Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this dog wants to do is sleep

That reminds me of when my sister was a toddler. We wondered where she had got to, to along with our dog (a Cairn Terrier) went into the lounge and there she was asleep using the dog as a pillow! As soon as my mother moved her, the dog shot to the back door desperate to be let out, he hadn't moved even though desperate, so my sister wouldn't slip onto the floor.

Last edited:
out at North New Salem this mornin. We watched this near accident take place. Thank God the plane dropped below the moon in the last 30 seconds
moonplane.jpg

The end of an era, here in the US. I know nearly all of us +50 year olds have a lot of pre-teen memories of shopping for school clothes at Kmart.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/19/business/last-kmart-closing-bridgehampton-new-york/index.html
We had a small but decent Kmart here years ago. Decent customer service. So they built a bigger one and the service went to total crap. You had to chase employees down, literally, to get any help.
Eventually it closed as well, and I don't miss it. (It's now a Hobo Freight.)
So we got a big WalMart. Haven't actually been in the store in probably two years, though we do grocery orders for pickup.
I guess I'll miss those pallets of $99 TV's this year again.

The end of an era, here in the US. I know nearly all of us +50 year olds have a lot of pre-teen memories of shopping for school clothes at Kmart.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/19/business/last-kmart-closing-bridgehampton-new-york/index.html
Those of us with maybe a couple of decades older than you remember school year shopping at Montgomery Ward:

1729383945019.jpeg

Every year my parents dragged me to pick out clothes that I would have to wear for the next year. Geek kid that I was, no matter what I picked out usually it was 180 deg opposite phase of what everyone else wore. But one year I had Beatle Boots so that was cool.

As a freshly married adult I shopped frequently at K Mart & Venture that was just across the streets. From those days only JC Penney is still around here.

Those of us with maybe a couple of decades older than you remember school year shopping at Montgomery Ward:

View attachment 110375

Every year my parents dragged me to pick out clothes that I would have to wear for the next year. Geek kid that I was, no matter what I picked out usually it was 180 deg opposite phase of what everyone else wore. But one year I had Beatle Boots so that was cool.

As a freshly married adult I shopped frequently at K Mart & Venture that was just across the streets. From those days only JC Penney is still around here.
Being a poor young man, I used to buy my guitars at Monkey Ward. They had a large body, long neck acoustic I was particularly fond of that had a great sound. Problem was, I would leave it in the back of my '62 Chevy in the heat of the day and the neck would eventually warp (no steel rod in the guitar neck).

Being a poor young man, I used to buy my guitars at Monkey Ward. They had a large body, long neck acoustic I was particularly fond of that had a great sound. Problem was, I would leave it in the back of my '62 Chevy in the heat of the day and the neck would eventually warp (no steel rod in the guitar neck).
Being even poorer, maybe, I had a Gibson Kalamazoo acoustic guitar. Arched top, F holes, round wound strings. I think from Sears? Anyway 4 guitar lessons later the round wounds killed my fingers & I decided maybe keyboards would be a better choice...

We ain't got no Costco. Just wally world. Lowe's, Tractor Supply, Ag Pro and a Kubota dealer. A bucket load of fast food joints up by I-10. A few drug stores, Hobo Freight.
Can't get decent seafood or a good Reuben or a good Cuban sammich here.
That's OK. I've become taken with Panini sammiches, and we get first class deli from Publix. We gots one 'a them there Panini presses.

Being even poorer, maybe, I had a Gibson Kalamazoo acoustic guitar. Arched top, F holes, round wound strings. I think from Sears? Anyway 4 guitar lessons later the round wounds killed my fingers & I decided maybe keyboards would be a better choice...
There was a really cheap acoustic guitar once upon a time. The brand escapes me now. My best friend picked one up at a yard sale about 15 years ago for a few dollars, it looked rough but the sound was good.

BTW strings go a long way toward the sound and ease of play. After all, not all of us can afford a Takamini.

Back