Snarky Puppy's 2015 Magnum Opus, 'Sylva' (with the Metropole Orkest) is coming in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if it Region locked as its got video, I don't have a region free player
I can't find anything one way or another. I would suspect (and hope) they won't have any region flags set, or what some call region 0.
That seems to be the norm with most music BD's these days.
Some good ripping software can remove the flags, then it could be burned and played in a disc player, if worst comes to worst.

I can't find anything one way or another. I would suspect (and hope) they won't have any region flags set, or what some call region 0.
That seems to be the norm with most music BD's these days.
Some good ripping software can remove the flags, then it could be burned and played in a disc player, if worst comes to worst.
Good thought (y)

Received my Snarky Puppy Sylva today. Ordered the Blu-Ray/CD combo, received the DVD/CD combo. Contacted customer service, will keep you posted on the outcome.
Well, that's weird. I wonder if the rest of us who ordered the BD will be getting "something" very soon. I sure haven't received any ship notification. Did you, or it just showed up?

Well, that's weird. I wonder if the rest of us who ordered the BD will be getting "something" very soon. I sure haven't received any ship notification. Did you, or it just showed up?
I did receive all of the standard Shipped, Out For Delivery and Delivered emails. The only unusual thing I can see is the first email they sent to acknowledge my order was from their Online Digital Download Store. That email said DVD/CD (which I didn't notice at the time), immediately followed by the official order confirmation which clearly says Blu-Ray/CD. I know I didn't screw up the order on my end because the cost of the DVD and Blu-Ray are different and I paid the Blu-Ray price.

Received my Snarky Puppy Sylva today. Ordered the Blu-Ray/CD combo, received the DVD/CD combo. Contacted customer service, will keep you posted on the outcome.
Customer service already responded with an apology, told me to keep the CD/DVD and said my CD/Blu-Ray will be shipped when available

I hope they don't screw this up for the lot of us.. they wil be eating their shirt if they send DVD's to those who ordered BD's. And when is the Blu-ray supposed to be available now?

Well I just contacted customer service and asked when they are going to ship and gave them my order number.
This is getting a bit ridiculous.
Honestly, I agree. As far as I can tell, they NEVER send any information about delays (though, now that I think of it....importCD doesn't either)

Please keep in mind, Shaun Martin, a member of their band died on Aug. 3rd following a stroke in April. Probably blew a huge hole in their hearts; business can wait.

I’ll just chill for it.
I totally remember that. I guess I didn't figure their shipping outlet would be impacted by that. But who knows, maybe band members or family members are involved with that and if so, then it's a damn tragedy.

GroundUp Music apparently handles shipping chores. Now whether that's an offshoot of the Snarky Puppy business or not I don't know. I would think not, though.

At least that's who replied to my query that the message was received.

GroundUp Music apparently handles shipping chores. Now whether that's an offshoot of the Snarky Puppy business or not I don't know. I would think not, though.

At least that's who replied to my query that the message was received.
Michael League founded GroundUP, and SP remains one of their principal artists, but they're technically a separate enterprise, AFAIK. Very small boutique label, though, and I don't think they have a long history with producing and distributing DVD & Blu-Ray.

Back